Division Category: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 1475 Boettler Road
Country: United States
Zip Code: 44685
Remote Based: No
This is a 3rd shift opportunity
Hours could be 8:30pm to 7am and will be four 10 hour days either Sunday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Saturday.
The Operations Support Coordinator I position requires multiple skill sets and the ability to quickly adjust and adopt the best approach for each aspect of the job. These various skill sets can run congruently during any given interaction and typically occurs in a very fast paced environment requiring quick and accurate response times. The team member is required to have general knowledge of all aspects of the operations arena, specifically fleet operations, dispatch and account management, in order to provide an exceptional and seamless experience for the customer and the fleet.
You will uphold the Purple Promise by making every customer experience outstanding.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Possesses general knowledge of all service offerings and related SOPs.
· Quickly processes multi divisional capabilities from customer phone, email and bid board inquiries. Follow all guidelines and operational procedures specific to Transportation Security Administration (TSA), HazMat, International, and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Determines any objections for the purpose of closing business including the ability to offer multiple solutions for a customer centric approach. Monitors the progress of multiple shipments processed while proactively identifying and responding to any potential issues or alert notifications. Interacts and communicates with internal and external fleet.
· Monitors and ensures accuracy in the freight management system. Provides proactive shipment status updates to the customer. Appropriately manages customer response, and elevates to the appropriate level when necessary.
· Locates and secures trucks in a timely fashion from both internal and external fleet networks. Utilize all resources available to effectively dispatch shipments via an automated or manual process. Ability to monitor and respond to any issues that arise during a shipment. Interacts with fleet resources and outside vendors for the purpose of negotiating. Understands overall fleet operations to identify and address capacity requirements, the need for truck relocation, pay implications, and overall asset utilization.
A high school degree is required for this position. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or Supply Chain Management are preferred.
0-1 years of experience in customer service, fleet operations, or sales is required
Additional Job Elements:
· Must be flexible to work in an extremely fast paced environment incorporating time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
· Sales and negotiation skills to be utilized with customers, independent owner operators and vendors.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are a 17 time NorthCoast 99 award recipient, which recognizes the top employers in Northeast Ohio! We offer attractive compensation, benefits and team member development.
Follow Us on LinkedIn:http://www.linkedin.com/company/fedex-custom-critical
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled.
If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.