Division Category: Sourcing/Procurement
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 1400 Lombardi Ave
City: Green Bay
Country: United States
Zip Code: 54304
The Logistics Sourcing Advisor is responsible for developing and executing sourcing management strategies that are both holistic and value-driven, this includes but is not limited to managing service provider relationship and risk management initiatives.
This role is responsible for the evaluation of spend for logistics related services, benchmarking, making recommendations for sourcing strategy and managing the service provider scorecard. In addition, this position shares the responsibility for the success and profitability for transportation and logistics services for multiple accounts and consulting projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage service provider relationships - coaching and development; ensure mutual value with service provider partners (3PL of choice).
• Accountable for the negotiation of service provider contracts including terms & conditions, rates, accessorials and fuel surcharge.
• Collaborates cross-functionally to source and execute the capacity plans of new and existing customers and services.
• Executes the carrier management strategies and ensures consistency across metrics, corrective action plans, etc.
• Identifies, researches and escalates new regulation and industry trends.
• Partners with service providers to ensure contract and process compliance.
• Supports business developments opportunities related to benchmarking events.
• Serves as the escalation point of contact for carrier related freight claims.
• Executes the carrier engagement strategy.
• Adheres to all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years of relevant transportation experience required.
• In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 8 years of relevant transportation experience
• In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 8 years of relevant transportation experience.
• Ability to assign projects and lead bid events.
• Execute responsibilities that require detailed planning and preparation such as bid planning sourcing strategies by customer and mode, and rate forecasting.
• Ability to deal with unexpected and complex events.
Follow us on LinkedIn:
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled.
If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.