Managing Director, Legal & Human Resources
Division Category: Human Resources
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 1475 Boettler Road
Country: United States
Zip Code: 44685
Remote Based: No
The Managing Director of Legal and Human Resources directs legal and regulatory affairs, risk management and human resources of the organization.
This position provides legal counsel and business advice to the company to ensure its effective operation in accordance with federal, state and local laws and regulations and aligns legal strategies with organizational objectives.
The Managing Director of Legal and Human Resources develops strategic people objectives to align the talent capabilities required to bring value to our business and services. This position directs the team to implement workforce strategy, system and compliance, and learning and design delivery.
Upholds the Purple Promise by making every customer experience outstanding.
• Directs all aspects of the organization’s legal affairs and risk management, ensures maximum protection of its legal rights, and appropriately addresses risks.
• Acts as the legal agent for the company and provides legal expertise to other departments. Represents the company in litigation and other legal matters and examines data to determine advisability of defending claims/lawsuits. Serves as HIPPA Privacy Officer and Equal Employment Opportunity Officer.
• Participates in the Officer and Director Team as a key business partner in the creation and development of the company vision, strategies, business plans, initiatives and programs and in making key business decisions. Builds an efficient, innovative, and flexible Legal and HR infrastructure and provides senior leadership for management, staff and the company to support short-term and long-term business plans. Translates the company’s strategic and tactical business plans into Legal and HR strategic and operational plans.
• Oversees the areas of risk, regulatory compliance, cargo claims, worker’s compensation, workforce strategy, employee systems and compliances, and learning and development.
• Responsible for the review, drafting, negotiating, and approval of customer contracts and other contracts related to the business of FedEx Custom Critical.
• Provides legal review, business advice and direction on vendor agreements.
• Acts as a primary legal department contact for outside attorney communications and may act as counsel in significant litigation on behalf of the company.
• Conducts research and prepares memoranda relating to complex legal matters as well as coordinates and implements legal activities relating to significant corporate programs.
• Monitors and interprets changes to and trends in government and legislative policies at the federal, state, local, and international level. Determines company impact and advises senior leadership accordingly. Recommends and implements specific company responses to changes in governmental and legislative policies.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school and Bar admission in a US state required.
• 5 years’ demonstrated leadership experience which includes directing the work of others in a supervisory capacity required.
• 10 years’ legal experience required.
• 5 years’ related human resources experience preferred.
• Experience with change management and leading change.
• Strong emotional intelligence, business intelligence and overall senior leadership capability.
• Strong conceptual thinking coupled with a proven track record of implementing HR and Organization Development initiatives.
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills in many and varying situations.
We are a multiple time NorthCoast 99 award recipient, which recognizes the top employers in Northeast Ohio! We offer attractive compensation, benefits and team member development.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fedex-custom-critical
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled.
If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.