Division Category: Administrative
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 1475 Boettler Road
Country: United States
Zip Code: 44685
Position Overview: JOB SUMMARY:
The Product Manager’s purpose is to own the entire lifecycle of a named technology or platform and be accountable for that technology or platform’s ability to achieve business goals and meet performance levels. The Product Manager collaborates with internal and external technical and non-technical teams, including sales, operations, and support — and works with outside partners and other third parties. The business-minded Product Manager will drive development initiatives following SAFe Agile principles and create an environment where the businesses benefit from purpose-built technology roadmaps. The Product Manager effectively solves problems for users while achieving business goals. The outcome/output of the role will solve problems of users internal to the organization and enables the organization to satisfy the needs of its customers via the technology the business uses to support its various business activities.
You will uphold the Purple Promise by making every FedEx experience outstanding.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Build and maintain technology roadmaps and manage the lifecycle for a set of core technologies and/or software products, including developing a vision and strategy for those technologies.
• Own the vision and program backlog to drive PI objectives and release content via prioritized Epics and Features. Establish feature acceptance criteria.
• Strategically align the roadmaps with the organization’s strategies and objectives.
• Identify internal or external customer needs and synthesize those needs into both long-term and short-term actions.
• Follow market and industry trends to safeguard the decision making process on future technology and/or product development activities.
• Be the key technology contact person within the business for both internal and external stakeholders.
• Cultivate ideas into Epics via analysis and building strong business cases. Advocate for funding when applicable.
• Create a product roadmap that incorporates benchmarking against the external competition and the expectations of your stakeholders.
• Become the internal champion and chief promoter of your technology.
• Research commercial products and internal user needs, attend industry tradeshows, and build relationships with 3rd party technology providers.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, IT, Engineering or equivalent experience is required for this position.
• A professional certificate in Agile development (Scrum, Kanban, LEAN) is preferred.
• 5 – 7 years of experience as product manager, IT project manager, business analyst, or product owner required.
• 7 - 10 years of experience as product manager, IT project manager, business analyst, or product owner preferred.
We are a multiple NorthCoast 99 award recipient, which recognizes the top employers in Northeast Ohio! We offer attractive compensation, benefits and team member development.
Follow Us on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/fedex-custom-critical
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled. If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.