Division Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 1400 Lombardi Ave
City: Green Bay
Country: United States
Zip Code: 54304
The Customer Logistics Coordinator will be assigned tasks by the Operations Supervisor to support successful execution of account(s) plans and Statements of Work (SOW). This role will support the daily operations, order file execution, carrier execution, identify internal productivity gains by utilizing Quality Driven Management (QDM) methodologies and contributes to team unity.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understands aspects of commercial agreements, the impact to business, and to carry out the requirements of customer agreements and ensure Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) compliance.
• Manages Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and SOW compliance while being accountable for ensuring work instruction creation.
• Provides tactical operational reporting to customers.
• Responsible to identify process improvements and cost savings opportunities utilizing QDM.
• Identifies process improvements and cost savings opportunities utilizing QDM, is the first point of escalation and works with customers on daily executional tasks and issue resolution.
• Collaborates with Account Management and Shared Services on the execution of customer specific opportunities and/or improvements.
• Provides expertise and leadership related to initiatives being managed – ie. Projects, Quarterly Business Review/Monthly Business Review support: customer facing, conference calls, IT enhancements, etc.
• Engages with Shared Services efforts to meet customer expectations & maintain overall service.
• Identifies and solves root cause issues that may include other departments and their systems.
• High School diploma/equivalent.
• Associate’s degree preferred.
• Prefer two years of experience in the contract logistics, transportation or other related industry.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to negotiate rates with carriers and vendors.
• Experience with a cloud based transportation management system.
• Ability to follow direction.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
FedEx Custom Critical is headquartered in Uniontown, OH and is a multiple time NorthCoast 99 award recipient, which recognizes the top employers in Northeast Ohio! We offer attractive compensation, benefits and team member development.
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled.
If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.