Business Intelligence Analyst - Managed Transportation
Division Category: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 1475 Boettler Road
Country: United States
Zip Code: 44685
Position Overview: Job Summary:
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for turning data into information and displaying it via dynamic and interactive visualizations that meet the requirements of stakeholders within the business. In this role, the team member will collect and compile data from multiple sources and join it together into a centralized metadata repository to be accessed by multiple users and downstream tools and applications. They will also be a liaison between the business and IT for future data projects and enhancements to our overall data landscape.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Completes data analysis and makes recommendations to stakeholders based on findings.
2. Creates dynamic front-end applications to better access and interact with models created by the Decision Science team and deploy to users.
3. Builds and maintains intuitive and interactive data visualizations and dashboards that convert data into meaningful and actionable information to be used by the business.
4. Develop, maintain and enhance a metadata repository that brings together data from all of the lines of business and makes it accessible to business users.
5. Subject matter expert for our suite of data analysis and visualization tools.
6. Serves as a liaison between business and IT on data and analytics related issues.
7. Studies best-practices and new technology related to data visualization and analysis.
8. Works with counterparts in other opcos to build relationships and work collaboratively.
9. Adheres to all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
10. Performs other duties as required.
A Master’s Degree in MIS, Data Analytics, Computer Science, or related field is required for this position
A professional certification in Oracle Database Certification, R, Spotfire, Python, Tableau, Java, HTML, etc. is preferred
Job Related Experience:
Master’s degree with 2 or more years of experience in data management and analysis is required
Master’s degree with 5 or more years of experience in data management and analysis is preferred
Experience in the logistics/transportation management industry is also preferred
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled.
If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.