Division Category: Communications
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 1475 Boettler Road
Country: United States
Zip Code: 44685
Remote Based: No
The Communications Specialist facilitates the effective communication of information to targeted audiences. Responsible for planning and executing a variety of communications assignments to multiple audiences, while working with internal stakeholders. Serves as communications consultant to other FedEx Custom Critical departments and consults with the marketing and business/operations teams as needed. Provides support to Corporate Communications team to organize and deliver messages. Also responsible for regular (daily/weekly) communications and general content maintenance within various channels.
You will uphold the Purple Promise by making every customer experience outstanding. Your efforts and customer-focused mindset will have a positive impact on customer satisfaction and, ultimately, the profitability of our company.
• Provides communications support to internal customers on a variety of topics and projects.
• Executes all projects from planning through approval and publish phases.
• Serves as communications consultant in cross-departmental teams. Reduces losses through development of Security guidelines / procedures. Reviews customer contracts to ensure adequate security measures are in place.
• Organizes, creates and distributes regular communications (daily/weekly) and multiple newsletter types.
• Edits copy for grammar, style, brand voice and accuracy.
• Updates content as needed on various websites.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the company’s business strategies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree required in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
• 1-2 years’ experience in a corporate communications department or with a communications-related firm.
• Strong writing, editing, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Ability to interpret business strategy and operational goals.
• Works effectively as part of a team.
We are a multiple time NorthCoast 99 award recipient, which recognizes the top employers in Northeast Ohio! We offer attractive compensation, benefits and team member development.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fedex-custom-critical
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled. If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.