Division Category: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 1475 Boettler Road
Country: United States
Zip Code: 44685
The Managing Director (MD), Operations Systems and Support is a senior leadership role supports the organizational strategy and is responsible for setting initiatives, overseeing the operational workforce, capacity procurements and process flows to ensure safe and continuous improvements occur at a systematic level. This position is responsible to lead all operational support activities and establishes a culture of continuous improvement. The MD, Operations Systems and Support will collaborate with the MD, Operations to improve efficiency, maintain staffing standards and reduce costs. The decisions and actions this leader makes impacts the overall operating income of FedEx Custom Critical and supports cross-opco transportation initiatives.
This role must have the ability to quickly develop and adapt new or revised strategies, plans and solutions in response to dynamic business requirements. The MD possesses leadership skills to provide direction to multiple teams and individuals at all levels including those that report directly or indirectly to this position.
The Managing Director will uphold the Purple Promise by making every customer experience outstanding.
• Part of the Officer and Director Team, this participates as a key business partner in the creation and development of the company vision, strategies, business plans, initiatives and programs and in making key business decisions.
• Builds an efficient, innovative, and flexible operations support team and provides senior leadership for management, staff and the company to support short- and long-term business plans. Translates the company’s strategic and tactical business plans into departmental objectives.
• Responsible for the centralized direction and oversight of the capacity solutions group. Develops and leads the team for sourcing, engagement model, contract administration, model enhancements and contracted service provider resources in order to meet the company’s business needs. Ensures the capacity development strategies are in collaboration and support short-term and strategic outlook of the business.
• Directs and coordinates safety objectives. Ensures records of all training-related documents are retained. Complies with all other procedures outlined in the Operations & Procedure Manual, FMCSR, DOT. Accountable for reporting to the regulatory local, state and federal agencies. Proactively plans, directs and implements safety programs to ensure a safe, healthy and accident free environment.
• Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the development of actionable proposals. Recommends short-term and long-term customer and quality strategic plans to improve overall customer experience. Ensures improvement/enhancements in programs by consolidating inputs from operations performance, customer research and executive insights. Responsible for establishing strategies to guide the quality driven management (QDM) cultural integration and longevity planning. Presents the necessary documentation and justification in order to gain buy-in and support from both leadership teams and opco key stakeholders.
• Plans, organizes, directs the streamlining of processes and ensures efficient utilization of staff, assets and capacity. Develops and leads the team to support centralized responsibilities. Designs and assesses plans and determines the effectiveness and options for cost-sensitive implementation. Develops independent assessment for creative improvements for testing.
• Leads a high performing team by holding leaders accountable for results, promoting an environment of continuous learning; developing the next generation of leaders, and supporting a culture of experimenting and risk taking. Selects, trains and develops staffs.
• Demonstrates broad-based business thinking. Capable of handling ambiguity and structuring clear and logical materials to enable decision making that results in impactful change for the organization.
• Apply complete knowledge of industrial engineering process improvement strategies, lean/QDM techniques (e.g. method analysis, work combination charts, ergonomics, visual controls, safety, 5S, Kanban, poka yoke) to coordinate overall deployment operations.
• Approaches problem-solving, new idea generation and analyses in a creative, credible and pragmatic way to guide team in solving complex, ambiguous problems while minimizing unproductive efforts (unnecessary analyses, re-work).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Process Engineering or related discipline required.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred.
• At least 5 years’ demonstrated leadership experience including directing the work of others in a supervisory capacity and continuous experience required.
• 10 years’ continuous improvement experience required.
• 10 years’ system-process/continuous improvement experience preferred.
• Strong management with ability to develop others, analytical, human relations, communications, fiscal, planning and organizational skills.
• Experience with achieving results from critical objectives and develop and execute a strategic vision.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while working independently and managing teams.
• Travel up to 25%.
We are a multiple time NorthCoast 99 award recipient, which recognizes the top employers in Northeast Ohio! We offer attractive compensation, benefits and team member development.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fedex-custom-critical
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled.
If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.