Address Line 1: Open
Position Status: Full-Time
This position will be domiciled in either Harrison, AR (GO) or Memphis, TN (MHQ)
Responsible for the development and implementation of engineering solutions that optimize and standardize key business processes and procedures. Provide direction, oversight and support to effectively identify, develop and implement and measure solutions to optimize business performance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES:
1. Lead, develop and educate the Engineering & Quality team
2. Direct the design, modernization and appropriate implementation of tools/systems that enable business performance optimization across key operational domains
3. Support optimization efforts as they relate to business processes and asset planning and utilization, performance measurement, goaling, and reporting
4. Research, analyze, facilitate and monitor process improvement; work with employees to identify areas of opportunity and develop measurements of key processes
5. Oversee department and cross functional projects
6. Utilize quality Driven Management (QDM) principles to achieve maximum strategic initiatives to improve business processes and performance
7. Oversee the development of budgeting responsibilities for engineering and engineering outputs
8. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
9. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Transportation or related field or equivalent work experience plus five (5) years’ professional experience in applied engineering concepts and technology
• Excellent leadership, time management, organizational and decision-making skills
• Ability to influence others and effectively delegate tasks
• Advanced analytical, problem solving and project management skills
• Experienced with Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
• Must be able to travel