Address Line 1: 9140 Woodend Rd
Zip Code: 66111-1714
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: Various
With oversight, provide engineering plans applying fundamental engineering concepts and practices/procedures to analyze operational data and recommend methods for improvements to the FedEx Freight network.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist with analyzing performance data within engineering
2. Research, analyze and effectively consolidate technical or engineering related information and present for management review
3. Assist with the development, evaluation and documentation of operations methods to work area design, process flow and work methods
4. Apply project management fundamentals and concepts with management guidance. Develop progress reports, meeting minutes, and field communication memos for management review
5. Under supervision, develop and update engineering plans based on volume forecasts
6. Collaborate with all stakeholders to develop and implement corporate projects
7. Assist with reviewing and comparing daily service analysis to previous day activities and assist in developing customized reports for analysis (e.g., root cause analysis) for continuous improvements
8. Participate in service center and department projects (e.g., Quality Driven Management (QDM)).
9. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
10. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Transportation or related field or equivalent work experience; two (2) years’ professional experience in applied engineering concepts and technology, preferred
• Experienced with Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Good time management and organizational skills necessary to manage projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs
• Good analytical skills with the ability to review data, define issues and identify solutions
• Ability to travel as necessary up to and including 50%Division Category: Administrative, All, Engineering, General