Job Requisition Number: RC185000
Zone d Activites Economiques Krakelshaff
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 03-September-2019
Closing Date: 01-November-2019
Job Family: FXE-EU: Mgr Treasury
FedEx treasury is setting up a treasury center in Luxembourg. FedEx Luxembourg SarL (“LuxCo”) will serve as an in-house bank, pool header of a cross currency multi entity global cash pool, and potentially an international clearinghouse. LuxCo will need to be sufficiently staffed to fulfill its functions and operate the business, which may require changes over time as these functions develop and evolve. Initially, the tasks will be to manage the cash pool on a day to day basis, connect more and more countries to the cash pool and execute loan agreements.
We are aiming to hire a Treasury Manager, who should have sufficient experience and capabilities to be able to fulfill the functions assigned to the LuxCo and manage its daily business operations. A list of functions to be handled by LuxCo is provided below as a starting point for Treasury in conducting the necessary functional analysis. Additionally, the new Treasury team member should be able to liaise with other departments/functions as necessary to operate the Luxco business. The Treasury Manager will have a direct reporting line to the Treasury Department in Memphis and will also interact with the Treasury International team in Hoofddorp.
1. Daily management of the cash pool in Luxembourg, i.e. the daily management of cash balances and funding needs for the cash pool;
2. Connecting new countries to this cash pool; opening new bank accounts for new participating countries;
3. Executing intercompany loan agreements between Luxco and counterparties
4. Execute intercompany Foreign Exchange deals;
5. Building and maintaining relationships with fiscal, legal, accounting colleagues, local tax authorities, auditors, treasury team members worldwide;
6. Serve as a member of the Luxco Board of Directors;
7. Assist in the preparation for Board of Director and shareholder meetings for the Luxco;
8. Manage Luxco (treasury) team members
9. Be the back-up for the daily cash management of the cash pools managed by the treasury team in Hoofddorp and Brussels.
The candidate should have a Master's degree in Finance or Accounting and 5-10 years of progressive experience in the regional or global Treasury centre of a multinational company.
It is essential that he/she feels naturally comfortable and is able to thrive in a fast paced and continually evolving environment, has a “can and will do attitude” and is not afraid of “getting your hands dirty” mentality.
Further required experience and competencies:
- Knowledge of and experience with working in an international cash management function, especially with the operation of a global cross currency cash pool;
- Cash flow forecasting and executing foreign currency deals (FXS, FXF, FXW);
- Good computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, experience with FIS/Quantum and Oracle Cloud is a plus;
- Coaching and influencing individuals in centralizing local cash and modelling accurate cash flows;
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels and convince colleagues through knowledge and diplomacy;
- Confident, prepared to challenge current processes, enthusiasm for efficiencies that can be obtained. A willingness and tenacity to plan ahead and be organized;
- Possesses strong accuracy, analytical, result driven and problem-solving skills; be able to perform under stress & work within strict deadlines;
- Able to communicate effectively through the phone or email with internal colleagues at all levels and in all regions and convince colleagues through knowledge and diplomacy
- Language: fluency in English written and spoken;
- Strong work ethic and team player mentality;
- Pleasant, open and flexible personality with a no-nonsense and self-starter mentality.
- Luxembourg resident
Main working contacts:
- Treasury teams worldwide
- Legal, Tax, Accounting, FP&A
- Regional and Local Finance teams
Qualifications:Education: Master: Finance
Language: English: Reading, Writing, Comprehension, Speaking
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.