Job Requisition Number: RC173605
Units 5 Kingsland Grange
Warrington, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 37.5
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 05-September-2019
Closing Date: 04-October-2019
Job Family: FXE-EU: Security Specialist (ID)
This role is covering Liverpool and Warrington
As a Security Specialist you will responsible for the planning, developing and implementing security awareness, loss prevention and conducting investigations, to ensure the safety and security of our employees is paramount.
You will be required to:
- Protect the Customers consignments, protect the assets of Fedex and provide a safe and secure working environment for employees and its service providers/partners
- Assist in the development and enhancement of current security policies and procedures to meet changing circumstances
- Liaise with customers on matters of security relating to their goods, ensuring customer confidence in the organisation’s ability to handle their business and resolve and security matters that arise
- Co-ordinate the investigation of security matters with various law enforcement agencies at local levels
In order to be considered for this role it is essential that you can demonstrate the following Core & Specialist Skills: -
- Security Experience in a Commercial Environment
- Security Experience in Logistics, Express or Freight
- Proven Investigation Skills including Interview Skills
- General Knowledge & Experience of Criminal Law
- Working Knowledge of Security Equipment (eg CCTV)
- Experienced in Security Risk Assessments
- Experience in Intelligence/Information Handling
- Security experience in the Police
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.