Job Requisition Number: RC189900
Atherstone, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 10-September-2019
Closing Date: 01-October-2019
Job Family: FXE-EU: Continuous Improvement Project Lead (ID)
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies providing fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories worldwide that continually strives to do better for their customers. Continuous Improvement & Service Tower department is an integral part of the Customer Experience function, committed to deliver World Class Customer Experience by focusing on maintaining and driving performance up through:
This is an exciting position within the European Customer Experience department with close collaboration with various departments such as Planning & Engineering, Operations, Finance, Sales, Information Technology.
As a Continuous Improvement Project Lead you will be responsible for:
- Managing end-to-end continuous improvement initiatives to successful completion, monitor and manage measurement of the output, making sure improvements are sustainable or identifying root causes of the deviation.
- Establishing a Continuous Improvement Culture by using Quality Driven Management (QDM)
- Leading End-to-End cross-functional structural issue resolution and supporting the standardisation of specific customer solutions
- Setting service quality governance and the monitoring
- Establishing common metrics and measurements
- Driving overall reduction of cost of poor quality, increasing service quality & customer satisfaction
- Leading high impact strategic projects, working with both internal and external subject matter experts as required, to agree on deliverable, planning, solution design & resources. Ensure delivery, quality and sustainability of each project. Complete post-implementation review to identify lessons learned and recommend corrective actions
- Identifying proactively, analyse and manage opportunities, risks and constraints
- Develop functional plans aligned with the agreed business strategies and goals
- Manage stakeholders and cross-functional teams to achieve project objectives and goals
- Promote the use of QDM methodology and ABLE (Assess, Build, Launch & Evaluate) problem-solving model, using them within each project you lead to drive cultural change
- Provide technical expertise and advice, conduct root cause analysis based on advanced data collection and complex analysis. Source data and information from internal or external subject matter experts as required
- Ensure budget is secured & meet the needs of the project and all costs are accurately reported
- Communicate & Report: Convey information to all key stakeholders in both written and verbal formats, ensure accurate & regular reporting of project progress and achievements compared to target
- Remit (geographical scope): Europe (potentially cross-region collaboration may be required dependent on project)
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in Project Management with multi-country, multi-cultural exposure (project certification and knowledge of Prince 2 is a plus). Excellent planning, organizational, judgement and decision-making skills
- Experience in change management and people leadership
- Drive to deliver, results-oriented, organised, able to influence and negotiate at all levels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to explain concepts and content clearly to all levels of audience, both verbally and in writing
- Familiarity with BI (Business Intelligence & statistical analysis)
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project, Vision and PowerPoint
- Self-starter, willing to travel
Planning & Organizing Skills;Judgement & Decision Making Skills;Leadership Skills;Project Management Skills;Written & Verbal Communication Skills;
Qualifications:Work Experience: Business: Project Management
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.