Job Requisition Number: RC186474
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 11-September-2019
Closing Date: 13-October-2019
Job Family: FXE-EU: Industrial Engineer (ID)
To support the Operations organization we are looking to recruit Industrial Engineers in several European Countries to focus on improvement opportunities, analysis of processes, procedures and implementing measurement systems.
You will be given the opportunity to be a member of the Field Planning & Engineering team and work on one of the most important challenges within our new combined FedEx & TNT entity.
This is an exciting role where you will act as an internal consultant and support the Operations Management team in questions related to process development and business strategies. You will be analyzing how FedEx and TNT works both on a national and international level and thereafter propose new approaches and methods based on "Best Practice".
Your responsibilities will be mainly focused on:
- Supporting the Planning & Engineering Manager in conducting independent operational processes’ reviews focused on defined areas
- Identifying the need and undertake process improvement’s initiatives in order to maximize efficiencies and support local operational goals.
- Adapting and utilizing modelling tools to translate complex analysis into accurate and realistic productivity plans.
- Communicate new plans to internal departments ensuring understanding and then support implementation.
- Supporting internal studies e.g. the implementation of new technology, facility design, functional specifications and feasibility studies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher professional qualification in Industrial Engineering or related quantitative discipline (i.e. Statistics, Economics, Finance)
- Good command of Polish and English both written and spoken
- Strong analytical skills with an open-minded approach
- Ability to communicate at different levels of the organization
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Ms Visio and Ms Project would be a plus)
- Good business strategy understanding and financial awareness
- Min. 2 years’ experience in process engineering, consultancy or data analysis
- Flexibility and willingness to travel (up to 30% of the time)
- A varied job in an international team that will keep you in constant touch with the business
- The opportunity to be a key player in the development of strategic plans
- Full time employment in a corporate environment
- Significant development opportunities (trainings and certificates)
- Private healthcare, insurance, fitness card and attractive internal discounts
Analytical Skills;Accuracy & Attention to Detail;Planning & Organizing Skills;Influencing & Persuasion Skills;Presentation Skills;
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.