Job Requisition Number: RC194380
Atherstone, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 37.5
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 19-September-2019
Closing Date: 25-October-2019
Job Family: FXE-EU: Project/ Process Analyst (ID)
The successful candidate will be working as an individual within a team to ensure that on all high priority incidents and problem tickets service is restored and stable as swiftly and as accurately as possible with all risks and issues mitigated to ensure that a) any disruption will be fixed well within the service levels and b) that root cause is identified and the fix implemented to ensure the service will be stable.
The specialist is accountable for the lifecycle of all high priority tickets and the communications associated; this includes the declaration of a critical incident through to resolution and following on to the investigation into root cause and fixes implementation. The successful candidate will be required to communicate to all stakeholders about the status of a major incident or Problem so must be able to communicate (written and verbal) confidently and effectively with all levels of stakeholder up to SVP.
The Specialist will be required to run Major Incident Reviews, Major Problem calls, Problem closure calls, Vendor meetings and Supplier calls so must demonstrate a good level of analytical and report writing skills to ensure all reporting is accurate, descriptive and targeted to achieve the CSI that the team is striving to deliver.
The role holder may be asked to participate in audits.
The role holder may be asked to travel for work related activities.
Key Activities / Accountabilities
- Monitor systems and alerts to assess situations and responses, make interventions and facilitate resolutions to all major incidents and critical events
- Investigate any issues in-line with SLAs to manage adverse impacts
- Analyse system failures and identify ways to reduce future incidents
- Support wider IT operations as required
- Take full responsibility for Major Incident management from initiation until an acceptable IT work around is in place
- Own all communications and stakeholder updates during a major system outage
- Ensure post event/incident follow-up actions are addressed as published in the Incident Management Process
- Strive to continually improve the Major Incident Manager Procedures and Responsibilities with the Senior Incident Manager
- Chair Major Incident and technical bridges for all P1/ P2 International incidents
- Chair Major incident Reviews to ensure service improvements are put in place
- Review communications history for executive alerts, coaching those who produce alerts that do not meet or exceed our quality and timeliness standards
- Ownership of vendor/ supplier for vendor management and CSI
- Run root cause investigation bridges until root cause has been identified and eradicated
- Run Major Problem Reviews and Problem closure calls
- Produces incident and problem review reports to stakeholders
- Follow up on call problem tasks to ensure service improvements are managed and maintained
- Liaise with the risk team to ensure all business issues where appropriate are handed over to the risk management team for follow up
- Continual service improvement log is managed and maintained
- Ensures vendors are adhering to all KPIs through quality and reporting checks
- Represents the team on all CABs and major change walkthroughs
- Manages any escalations or queries on the incident/ major incident process
- Governs all vendor actions on the Incident/ Problem Process
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- ITIL Foundation qualification, or equivalent
- Proven experience as an Incident Manager/ Problem Manager/ Major Incident Manager
- Excellent working knowledge of service management processes (Incident, Problem and Change Management)
- Exceptional communicator, a sound influencer with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Good customer service skills, and able to proactively manage customer expectations.
- Strong time management and efficiency skills, organised and delivery focused, good planning skills, and process driven
- Ability to work on own initiative rather than to a strict process
- Strong report writing and analytical skills
- A team player but with the ability to work on own and under pressure
- Able to negotiate in difficult situations to reach a successful conclusion
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict and able to work effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Knowledge and experience of corporate service management toolsets in order to assess/ determine business impact of incidents
- Able to work collaboratively with teams from other disciplines
- Balance of high standards and pragmatism to get a job done, whatever it takes
- Ability to step up when needed and offer support even when outside normal hours if required
Analytical Skills; Planning & Organizing Skills; Interpersonal Skills; Accuracy & Attention to Detail;
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.