Job Requisition Number: RC184058
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 19-September-2019
Closing Date: 31-October-2019
Job Family: FXE-EU: Technical Advisor (ID)
Accuracy & Attention to Detail;Analytical Skills;Problem Solving Skills;Leadership Skills;Presentation Skills.
The Cloud Platform Advisor will support the Technical Environment Manager and Project Manager in implementing and supporting the TNT Cloud Platform roadmap, ensuring alignment to Fedex Express International IT strategic and business objectives.
Key Activities / Accountabilities
• Design, produce and implement technical documentation to define the operation of tools
• Design and ensure integration between toolsets
• Design automation through tooling
• Make recommendations for future enhancements to the tooling estate
• Support implementation of agreed tool stack
• Deliver automation of processes using appropriate tooling
• Supports the implementation of operational processes, procedures and support model
• Support the implementation of the Fedex Cloud Platform toolsets in line with an approved roadmap
• Provide technical support for the Fedex strategic Cloud Platform toolset
• Ensure tooling is fully operational through integration with existing support tools and processes
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
• Proven and demonstrative experience working with key cloud platform vendors and supporting DevSecOps toolsets
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders with an appreciation of and focus on customer needs
• Strong communication skills
• Establishing relationships and maintaining contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds. Effective and sensitive communicator in different societies and cultures
• Thorough understanding of ITIL processes, specifically change management, release management, configuration management and demand management in a cloud-based environment.
• A broad IT Understanding of Infrastructure, Applications, Testing, CI/CD and SDLC
• Working knowledge of Akamai, Apache Kafka and Adobe Experience Manager advantageous.
Necessary Technical / Functional Skills
• Understanding of infrastructure concepts (e.g. Networks, Storage, market standard OS, VMware and Cloud Platform technology and tooling)
• Broad knowledge of database platforms (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Sybase and DB2)
• Knowledge of Linux Red Hat, HPUX and Windows
• Working knowledge of Cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS and Google Cloud
• Working knowledge of tool chains including GitHub, SonarQube, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Packer, Docker, Kubernetes & Microservices
• Working knowledge of monitoring tools such as Splunk, AppDynamics and ELK
• Strong organisation and time management
• Ability to work within a team and independently
• A driven individual with the ability to demonstrate pro-activeness
• Proven experience supporting Enterprise Toolsets
• A Subject Matter Expert of Agile Principles (SAFe) alongside DevSecOps/CloudOps
• Identifying gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising means of remedying such gaps
• Being proactive, taking action and anticipating opportunities, working on own initiative and being a pragmatic problem solver
• Effective communication both written and oral
• Establishing relationships and maintaining contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Effective and sensitive communicator in different societies and cultures.
Qualifications:Work Experience: IT: Operating System Environments: Operating System Environments: Windows
IT: Server/System Management Tools: Configuration Management: Puppet
IT: Architecture: Technical Skills: Technology Platforms
IT: Development: Source Control: Version Control System Products (e.g., SVN)
IT: Development: Languages - Scripting: PowerShell
IT: Operating System Environments: Operating System Environments: Linux
IT: Continuous Integration / Other: Continuous Integration / Other: Jenkins
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.