Job Requisition Number: RC185002
Scorpius 132 - 150
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 23-September-2019
Closing Date: 31-October-2019
Job Family: FXE-EU: Information Security Advisor (ID)
Information Security Advisor (Cyber security)
FedEx Express International Head Office has a challenging opening for a Information Security Analyst within the International Information Security department.
Location: Hoofddorp, Netherlands (travel is to be expected)
Key responsibilities for the Information Security Advisor will include involvement in the more complex cyber security projects, assessments, risks and issues that arise with the FedEx international operation. Main tasks and responsibilities include amongst others:
- Conduct Information Security assessments on complex / high risk projects around the globe to confirm the level of compliance to the defined requirements of the company information security standards. Identify and report any non-conformities and opportunities for improvement. Agree corrective actions to restore compliance and identify any preventative actions necessary to avoid future non-compliance.
- Work closely with IT management international to improve the cyber security posture of FedEx express international.
- Works closely with international IT teams to ensure that security by design principles are included as base requirements in new development projects
- For complex / high risk projects, communicates information security issues effectively to business managers, users of systems and networks.
- Conduct investigation, analysis and review following breaches of Information Security controls, and prepare recommendations for appropriate control improvements, involving other professionals as required.
- Support IT colleagues to ensure appropriate Information Security controls are an integral part of all Global IT business solutions, including those provided by third parties.
- Manage vulnerabilities proactively via involvement in the development lifecycle and reactively by conducting regular vulnerability testing and leading remediation activities
- Monitor for security and data breaches, follow incident response procedures in case of a breach, and follow up with remediation activities after the fact to close any security gaps
The ideal candidate for this job will have:
- Educated to bachelor degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification or has a proven level of experience.
- 10 years of information security experience. Preferably CISSP and or CISM certified or willing to certify.
- Must be able to conduct information security risk assessments and advise the organization on closing the indentified gaps.
- Must have a strong technical background in order to assess and support IT development, application and implementation projects.
- Must be able to interpret information security policies and standards and translate these into effective information security controls.
- Must be able to manage and coordinate Cyber security workstreams in larger projects
- Is effective in designing and implementing information security processes which support, secure software development, change management, logical access control or other security domains.
- Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication in English
- A challenging position in an international and dynamic working environment
- A learning environment to further development/career opportunities
- An independent position with responsibilities
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.