Job Requisition Number: RC180870
Vliegveld 117 B
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 38
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 30-September-2019
Closing Date: 14-October-2019
Job Family: FXE-EU: BPS Ops Research Analyst
- Exploring the possibilities for development and application of data modelling and artificial intelligence and present opportunities to stakeholders.
- Develop statistical, machine learning or optimization models for low and high complexity initiatives independently and with support when needed.
- Feeding functional units with unknown insights based on data and assisting them with the activation of these insights through dashboards and other platforms.
- Conduct research and identify opportunities for designing new BI, DW and Analytics solutions to solve complex operations problems, lift constraints, and maximize the strengths of the FedEx Express.
- Maintain close partnership with collaborating departments e.g., ITD with respect to any technology systems review and/or technology selection
- Degree ( Master, Bachelor, PHD) in Computer Science/Physics, Math, statistical modelling, or relevant discipline
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in applying machine learning , statistical modeling or optimization algorithms to large data sets
- Experience in advanced analytics and big data
- Previous exposure to transportation or Logistics industry is an advantage
- Proficiency in Python or equivalent tools (e.g Java) and a record of having led analytics engagement to generate value to the business
- Experience in Spark/Hadoop systems for distributed analytics and data processing
- Proficiency in scaling and operationalizing data science models in production environment
- Experience in SQL
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken ) to present to technical and business audiences
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.