Job Requisition Number: RC203578
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 28-October-2019
Closing Date: 25-November-2019
Job Family: FXE-EU: IT Strategic Project Lead
The successful candidate successful candidate will be responsible for project delivery of IT solutions with strategic objectives. This includes the challenging tasks of improving solutions in the Commercial IT domain, while ensuring on time, within budget and to agreed specifications and quality standards. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be responsible for the managing development activities and providing communications and recommendations to all levels of management. This includes acting as liaison with and delivery management of, third-party development teams, both onshore and offshore.
- Project Management of large scale complex (multi-vendor) and multi-discipline strategic initiatives; responsible for leading the development and delivery of Enterprise Application Integration projects to support the in-life extension of legacy systems, the transition to new, best-of-breed software solutions, and the decommissioning of end-of life technologies.
- Leadership and management of large (third-party) software delivery teams; including coordinating the activities with peer project managers and other team roles in a matrix-management structure; shaping, design and build of integration solution elements, ensuring the right people, process and tools are leveraged to most efficiently deliver results to the company.
- Creation, maintenance and execution of integrated project plans; identifying technical, resource and cross-work-stream dependencies and managing risks, issues and assumptions in accordance with the project delivery framework and supporting processes to assure delivery. Maintains effective, accurate and in-time reporting, tracking progress and variances to the base-lined plan, and proactively taking action to resolve issues threatening the programmes’s objectives.
- Stakeholder communication. Excellent formal presentation skills with experience of presenting and justifying complex scenarios to management level audiences.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent technical knowledge of software development, with specific emphasis on Application Integration, Data Abstraction, Service-Oriented Architecture, API Management and Web-based technologies (including Cloud environments).
- Knowledge of (and having at least one qualification in) Programme and Project Delivery methodologies, such as, SCRUM, DSDM, XP PRINCE2, etc.
- Strong delivery management skills – experienced working in cross-functional project and programme environments with a significant element of multi-element systems integration.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership skills – puts team needs before their own, removes barriers to progress and creates a facilitative and supportive working environment
- Excellent team player with positive ‘can-do’ and adaptive attitude.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience working in related software development and delivery environments.
- Good understanding of requirements definition and architecture design processes and documents.
- End-to-end technology delivery process, including security and functional testing.
- Knowledge of existing TNT and/or FedEx IT-related processes and procedures a plus.
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.