Job Requisition Number: RC189230
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Fixed Term
Posting Date: 30-October-2019
Closing Date: 31-December-2019
Job Family: FXE-EU: Financial Accountant
Furthermore, the role contributes to the SOX controls monitoring, the Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation & Reviews and the efficient statutory filing and reconciliation process for all TNT’s legal entities in order to ensure proper decision-making for the optimization for TNT’s fiscal (tax), financing (treasury) and legal position.
The main objectives of the Financial Accountant role are:
- To contribute to the delivery and continuous improvement of the (reporting) processes and procedures of the department
- To monitor and maintain the SOX compliance supporting documentation. Follow up with the control owners when necessary
- Assist in reviewing and validating statutory accounts per legal entity from a corporate perspective using the bridge explanation between US GAAP and the local GAAP, to gain insights in the local financial situation necessary for management decision-making for fiscal, legal, accounting and treasury optimization propositions. Regular communication with the Financial Directors/Controllers of all (~140) legal entities
- To ensure that each entity prepares and files the statutory accounts according to the prevailing standards, policies and procedures
Other (consolidation and management accounting) activities
- Assist in performing quality spot checks on Balance Sheet review reconciliations and make recommendations
- Analyse and recommend on transparency and data quality in Group reporting processes and templates
- Perform quality reviews and analysis on key performance indicators for the group
- Participate in various departmental (project)activities relating to month-end close and implementation of new ERP system
- Prepare various internal reports and external questionnaires and provide explanatory comments
- You are a HBO or University (master) student, Accounting/Finance/Data Analytics
- You have a strong analytical mind-set and have a good attention for details
- You are keen on performing detailed analysis on performance and understanding of root causes
- Strong teamwork capabilities and good time-management skills
- You are eager to learn, proactive in taking things on and resolving matters till completion
- You are fluent in English and have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- PC literate (especially Excel, experience with SAP/Oracle preferred)
Analytical Skills;Numerical Skills;Presentation Skills;Interpersonal Skills;Judgement & Decision Making Skills, Two (2) years of accounting related experience, specifically in the development and implementation of accounting principles and procedures;
Qualifications:Education: Master: Finance
Language: English: Speaking, Reading, Writing
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.