Job Requisition Number: RC175710
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 31-October-2019
Closing Date: 22-November-2019
Job Family: FXE-EU: Senior Manager Planning & Engineering (ID)
The principal purpose of the team is to manage and engineer the short and medium term European (domestic & international) road network planning for as well as international and domestic linehaul to ensure that targeted service performance is achieved, ongoing service enhancements are implemented and linehaul costs are maintained within budget. European network Engineering sr manager drives budget cycle for linehaul in all regions (ie. trucks, trailers, assets, driver resources) and support the European Single Road Network Strategy
Main focus is on profit driven capacity planning and integration of the different networks, (i.e. FDX/TNT, dom/int) making sure current assets are optimised and overall linehaul costs will be reduced.
The purpose of the job is to execute the delivery and improvement of an optimal short and medium term domestic and international network planning. The plan is balanced in terms of service and costs and based on volume forecasts, integration requirements, the road Master plan and feedback from day-to-day operations. Job holder will have 4-6 managers reporting into him with in total 30-50 employees.
Key activities and accountabilities
- Team management
- End-to-end network routing
By steering the team and co-ordinating efforts, plans and recommendations are implemented in order to achieve optimal results for the business.
This includes translating raw business requirements into practical business proposals and leading them into the implementation phase.
The job holder uses established methods to make accurate and timely updates to the different road network systems in order to optimize costs and increasing service delivery performance.
- Network Engineering
- Network Integration
- End-to-end ROCS plan cycle
Master’s Degree in engineering or quantitative discipline
- Good communication skills: ability to communicate and present at all levels within the organisation both written and verbal in native and English language
- People management
- Holistic thinker: do what is right for the FDX corporation and P&L considering local circumstances
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals and track progress
- Analytical thinker with a creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Advanced use of Office applications (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Flexible, no nine-to-five mentality including ability and willingness to travel for up to 20% of the time
- Result and target oriented, flexible approach towards work
- Responsible and taking ownership of decisions, i.e. accepting accountability
- Working in an international team with international colleagues
- Pragmatic, leading the linehaul operations passing through multiple levels of change and maturity leading to short term benefits
Preferred experience and knowledge
- 10 years’ experience in (Express) transportation and 5 year experience in road network planning and engineering
- Proven management skills
- Solid knowledge of the current road network & systems is an advantage
- Proven change management skills leading by example
Europe, preferably Netherlands
Analytical Skills ,Judgement & Decision Making Skills ,Leadership Skills ,Planning & Organizing Skills ,Problem Solving Skills; Accreditation: Specific Business Accreditation ,Language: Proficiency in English
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.