Job Requisition Number: RC170157
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Temporary
Posting Date: 25-November-2019
Closing Date: 31-January-2020
Job Family: FXE-EU: TNT-NLD
As you have conducted your studies in a business, communication or HR related field, you might have created a clear vision of the future for yourself. A future where lateral, organic business structures enable people to be at their most effective. You collected some experience how the corporate or start-up world operates, but even though it was not your direct responsibility, you could not help but see those little (or big) problems hiding in the blank space between company structure and its culture. To you it was always kind of obvious what had to change.
Fact is that the business world is changing at an ever-accelerating pace, we want to change alongside it, and for that we need your help.
Though you will be situated in the Central P&E (Planning and Engineering) department, you won’t be dealing with the optimisation of operational processes, but rather with the engineers themselves. You will find that we are a large team strategically positioned across Europe which provides an extra challenge.
Your role could include one or more of the following, alternatively could be a new challenge relating to the planning and data aspect of the logistic industry:
- Cooperating with an external party in further developing a platform (app) to connect the department in an agile manner
- Developing and organising several team culture efforts such as cooperation sessions, workshops and ‘extracurricular’ activities
- Developing new team culture efforts to further our agenda of increasing motivation, participation and efficiency
- Upholding our internal team feedback circle through digital means
- Interpretation of data related to team culture and the internal team feedback circle
- Engaging in upcoming projects that interest you – after all, this is an internship and you should be able to learn as much as you can
- Critically assessing all current team culture efforts
- A competitive internship compensation
- A business public transportation card for business related travels
- Healthy and affordable food in the cafeteria
- The opportunity to learn as much as you are willing to
- A multicultural working environment
You need to:
- Have good command of English (Any other European language is a plus if you want to be on top of the “Friday lunch talk”)
- Be enrolled in a business/communication/HR related study at a university of applied science (HBO) or a research university (WO) for the entire duration of the internship
- Be able to work in the Netherlands (work permit)
- Be prepared to take initiative to seize (learning) opportunities
Just as a little tip, be creative in how you present yourself.
FedEx Corp. is a globally operating transportation company, employing over 450,000 people in over 220 countries. FedEx Corp. provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce, and business solutions.
Our networks operate independently to deliver the best service to customers without compromise. They compete collectively as a broad portfolio of customer solutions and are managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand.
The internship location is Hoofddorp, the Netherlands.
Microsoft/ Office PC Skills;Numerical SkillsPlanning & Organizing Skills;Team Working Skills;Written & Verbal Communication Skills
Qualifications:Language: English: Writing, Speaking, Comprehension, Reading
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.