Job Requisition Number: RC210570
Atherstone, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 03-December-2019
Closing Date: 31-January-2020
Job Family: FXE-EU: Technical Advisor (ID)
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016; we’re starting our new future together. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace.
For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within IT Asset Management Team (Software / Hardware Asset Advisor). The successful candidate will be working as an individual within a team to ensure that the all software licencing throughout the software life cycle is managed through licence optimisation, support and maintenance.
The main duties of the IT Technical Advisor:
• Creation of Effective License Positions (ELPs) for Software Publishers
• Perform contractual analysis of software contracts and End User Licensing Agreements
• Work with Procurement to review annual software contract renewals
• Track and manage requisitions through the finance system (SAP) for software purchases
• Tracking and reporting on Hardware Assets
• Manage the Global Asset mailbox and day to day questions and queries
• Approve or decline Software Requests in the Service Now ticketing system
• Administer the Flexera Flexnet Manager Asset Management tool
While experience in a previous SAM setting is not essential, there are certain traits we are looking for in the individual to fill this role:
• Confident, approachable and articulate – in many instances this person will be the first contact within the department and they will need to enjoy the customer facing part of the role
• Conscientious with exceptional attention to detail
• Knowledge of the Office suite of applications, specifically Excel is critical (vlookups, pivot tables, formulae)
• Knowledge of general IT principles (Desktops, laptops, servers & virtualisation)
While not essential it would be preferable if the candidate has:
• Experience with SAP and Oracle finance systems (Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Receipting)
• Experience with ITSM Tools (Service Now)
• Knowledge of SAM or Discovery tools (SCCM, FlexNet Manager, Service Now, BMC)
• Any SAM or contract knowledge
• Infrastructure knowledge (Mainframe, VMware, Cloud & Citrix)
• Financial management, experience managing or administering budgets
Analytical Skills, Planning & Organizing Skills, Project Management Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Accuracy & Attention to Detail.
Accuracy & Attention to Detail;Analytical Skills;Problem Solving Skills;Leadership Skills;Presentation Skills;
Qualifications:Education: Professional: Business Administration/Management
Professional: Computer and Information Science
Work Experience: IT: ITIL Tools: ITIL Tools: DHOS ITAM / HP ITAM
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.