Job Requisition Number: RC216157
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 12-December-2019
Closing Date: 29-February-2020
Job Family: FXE-EU: Industrial Engineer
The CMMS / Maintenance engineer acts as the technical expert and specialist in both areas of Maintenance Management Software and Maintenance engineering.
She/he will take ownership of the CMMS alignment with the FedEx organization , Maintenance work processes, software configuration and implementation. And assures an aligned filling of the system and use of the CMMS in the field.
- Develop and define (functional) system requirements, aligned with the main stakeholders.
- Organize and support supplier workshops for the selection process.
- Develop and define the CMMS requirements and configuration, in alignment with all stakeholders (e.g. users, analysts and the Financial Department).
- Coordinate and align the required content for the CMMS with the responsible stakeholders.
- Jointly develop and align the (maintenance) work process (together with the Maintenance Engineering and Central support teams).
- Define, work out and coordinate a pilot implementation (location / region).
- Develop and deploy (user) trainings for CMMS usages.
- Define the required work process to manage and maintain the CMMS system centrally.
- Define and coordinate the further roll out of the CMMS implementation.
- Perform Audits and continuous quality control to monitor and manage the correct usage of the system.
- First point of contact concerning questions for the system usage.
- Jointly develop and measure KPI’s from the CMMS system.
- Support the Maintenance Engineering standardisation and optimisation, innovation and development company-wide to deliver increases in quality and service delivery and reductions in unit costs.
- Support site based teams with CMMS knowledge, performance monitoring and failure analysis (Root Cause Analysis).
- Support the Service Desk engineer with the development of a Central Service Desk organization.
Preferred experience/ knowledge
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or related field required,
- Five (5) years of relevant working experience in CMMS Engineering in a logistic/technical environment, with knowledge of Maintenance work process (e.g. Asset structures, Planning, Scheduling and Execution, Spare parts management, etc.)
- Experience setting up, modifying and/or refining CMMS/PPM/Maintenance systems - Preferably IBM Maximo or similar
- Preferred experience to include:
- Cross functional experience to coordinate throughout the organization.
- Implementing Performance Management systems to improve services.
- Analytical thinker with a creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Strong effective verbal and written communication skills (in native and English language) necessary to concisely communicate with all levels of the organisation (from shop-floor to top-floor).
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Software skills, including professional use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Time management and organizational, multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced agile environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to accuracy to achieve daily assignments.
- Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate others.
- A driven, disciplined team player who can also work independently.
- Experience in multicultural environments and willing to travel within Europe.
Terms & conditions
- A challenging position at the heart of a challenging integration in an international and dynamic working environment.
- Be part of the design and development of a new central organistion.
- An independent position with impact and responsibties.
- Working in an international team with international colleagues.
- Based in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
Qualifications:Education: Bachelor: Engineering
Language: English: Writing, Speaking, Comprehension, Reading
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.