Job Requisition Number: RC212452
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 18-December-2019
Closing Date: 31-January-2020
Job Family: FXE-EU: Div Strategic Mktg Analyst
The main objective of the Pricing Analyst Large Accounts is to support FedEx Express with creative and solid pricing for our large accounts (typically Fortune 500 companies).
The successful candidate will also display an eagerness to take on new tasks and develop knowledge of the pricing function, whilst striving to improve processes within the department.
You must be comfortable prioritizing a busy workload and must demonstrate a high level of analytic and quantitative competency. You will be working in an exciting, fast-paced environment and will enjoy the opportunity to drive your professional development forward.
Key Activities/Accountabilities of the role include:
- Apply your analytical skills to thoroughly evaluate quantitative information
- For every customer, balance profitability and willingness-to-pay
- Collaborate with colleagues in other business units (Sales, Bid & Tender, Legal) thereby ensuring that company ambitions are achieved successfully
- Research industry-leading market practices and pricing strategies, and then apply and refine them to support FedEx' business growth
- Identify areas of improvement, and then own and drive the improvement across the team
- Above all: become a pricing expert and lead our organisation within your field of expertise
- Monitor pricing proposals and trends to expectation
- Monitor customers’ performance and proactively drive improvement opportunities
- Execute, guide and drive regular commercial campaigns from your pricing field of expertise
- Contribute to the development of global commercial policies and best practices to establish a strategic pricing management
- Advise senior company management on commercial topics, such as market/account/industry performance, internal cost, and price/competitor positioning
- (In)directly support our sales organisation in RFQ and contract negotiations
The ideal candidate will have:
- University Education (or equivalent through experience)
- Experience in Commercial, Finance, Pricing or Marketing environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- International business awareness/experience
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to travel to periodic customer meetings (several occasions per year)
- Experience in dealing with sales and management in a fact-based and open manner
- A challenging position in an international and dynamic working environment
- Work on challenging & innovative pricing projects as part of a team that welcomes creative solutions
- Training opportunities that will support your personal and professional growth within the organization
- Independent position with expectation of broad degree of self-management
Qualifications:Education: Bachelor: Economics
Language: English: Speaking, Comprehension, Reading
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.