Job Requisition Number: RC210619
Atherstone, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 37.5
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 03-January-2020
Closing Date: 31-January-2020
Job Family: FXE-EU: Project/ Process Analyst (ID)
An ever increasingly competitive market means FedEx always stays ahead of the curve, delivering new and improved solutions to our business and customers, meeting the global challenge of increasing customer demand and expectation.
As key member of the Service Design and Transitions team, you will play a critical role in the development and transition of new services to our internal functions and customers with an emphasis on speed to value and improved reliability. You will liaise between business owners, project managers, design teams, operations teams, and our partners / suppliers to ensure the smooth and successful implementation of new IT services are executed to high quality standards in line with ITIL best practice.
You will ensure Service Management procedures are established and documented that align with ITIL best practice, and provide the capability to measure, and maintain performance of the service post launch to promote continual improvement.
- Ensure new services have a fully developed end to end support structure, including Processes, SLAs, KPIs, OLAs and monitoring commensurate with business requirements and priorities.
- Act as a gate keeper function that ensures effective Transfer to Operations in compliance with Service Acceptance and Service Design Package (SDP) for all new services, aligned to ITIL best practice.
- Ensure that appropriate lifecycle resourcing, training, tooling, support and documentation is delivered with a formal project sign-off from all key stakeholders.
- Represent the Service Transition stakeholders at all project meetings to assist in the definition and implementation of service acceptance criteria for both new and changing services.
- Work with Project Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, Service Owners, Managed Service Partners, Operations teams and 3rd parties to ensure that projects are delivered in compliance with the FedEx processes
- Ensure that any new 3rd party contracts contain an agreed support schedule which aligns with the proposed support model and is backed up with SLAs managed through regular service reviews.
- Interface with the Project Team to ensure adequate Service Transition Support and Operations Team coverage across all relevant work requests / Early Life Support / BAU activity.
- Define and deliver the end to end support model with all key stakeholders across multiple delivery organisations.
- Ensure all operational support material is completed to a high standard by all relevant Design and Service Transition functions.
- Ensure all non-functional requirements are defined and delivered against the agreed Service Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensure an effective set of performance metrics and service levels are delivered for new services.
- Capture any appropriate RAIDs and ensure appropriate prioritisation, ownership and remedial actions are in place for launch.
Analytical Skills;Planning & Organizing Skills;Project Management Skills;Interpersonal Skills;Accuracy & Attention to Detail;
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.