Job Requisition Number: RC222711
Atherstone, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 37.5
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 13-January-2020
Closing Date: 27-January-2020
Job Family: FXE-EU: Human Resources Services Specialist (ID)
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced HR Service Specialist to join our HR Team.
The role will see you provide support to our internal customers, empowering and enabling key stakeholders to manage people matters effectively, efficiently and in accordance with UK employment legislation and the Company’s People-Service-Profit philosophy.
You will take a business partner approach in supporting managers to find commercial and pragmatic solutions to people related issues, driving initiatives and continuous improvements within their teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting the implementation of Company policies, procedures and agreements, providing assistance and advice to managers on questions of interpretation.
- Participation in consultations with trade unions to support the business as required.
- Advise on the implications of legislation to enable the Company to comply with the relevant regulations.
- Provide advice on disciplinary and grievance procedures, investigating grievances and complaints of alleged unfair disciplinary measures, hearing disciplinary and grievance appeals, representing the Company on internal appeals and Employment Tribunals.
- Provide advice on ill health issues, including short and long term sickness absence, medical terminations and stress related absences ensuring compliance with all Company procedures and legal obligations.
- Provide advice, and where appropriate, investigate claims of harassment or discrimination in accordance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies.
- Support both functional and local leaders on strategies to reduce cost and improve engagement.
- Advise on redundancy and reorganisations within the business, ensuring all consultative and legal requirements are met.
- Provide advice on reward related matters and assist with changes to work practices, terms and conditions, shift patterns etc.
- Participating and leading business-related projects.
We are looking for a HR professional with a background in employee relations and a pro-active, solutions-focused approach. You will be an exceptional influencer with the ability to build effective relationships and engage with key stakeholders at all levels. You must also be positive and energetic with a real passion for delivering best practice whilst also taking a flexible approach to meet the commercial demands of the business. This is a regional role but will require travel throughout the UK.
- Specific requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of employment law together with previous experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of TUPE regulations
- Proven experience of working with Trade Unions
- CIPD qualified or equivalent – Desirable but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise a busy workload
We are flexible with the base location for the role, this can be discussed at interview stage.
Full training will be given along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
We also offer excellent career opportunities for those who are keen to progress in a supportive "can do" and rapidly expanding environment
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.