Job Requisition Number: RC222261
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 16-January-2020
Closing Date: 31-March-2020
Job Family: FXE-EU: Data Analyst (ID)
Areas of Responsibility
1. Data Analysis
- Work with business users and stakeholders to identify relevant business problems and opportunities to apply advanced analysis as a means of solving those problems.
- Integrate and prepare large and varied datasets, organizing data to a format that can be easily analyzed and managed.
- Identify what data is available and relevant to the problem, design and develop strategic methods for data collection, integration and retention.
- Communicate and collaborate with subject matter experts to gain in-depth understanding of the meaning of data elements, origins and structures.
- Build and evaluate data models using statistical, algorithmic, mining, and visualization for the purpose of data discovery & analysis.
- Interpret data to translate meaningful insights into business opportunities, and propose recommendations for decision making, development of strategies and action plans
- Present and summarize analytical findings and recommendations to business users and stakeholders in understandable and relevant ways, both verbally and visually.
- Document the analysis and the code so that others may reproduce and verify the analyses, learn from them and build upon them.
2. Project Planning and Management
Participate in projects for the definition, implementation and testing of analytical solutions in order to achieve work group objectives, by carrying out the following:
- Be part of work groups or sub-projects addressing business issues in order to enhance performance in operations.
- Self-sufficiency: carry out assigned project tasks independently or with a work group.
- Participate in the development and delivery of work plans; ensure work progress; identify and report success measures.
- Conduct post-implementation review to measure success.
- Prepare and present progress reports to managers and stakeholders.
Minimum Requirements Education:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
At least two (2) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- English (business competences) – written and spoken.
- Skilled in manipulating large datasets and using databases, code-writing, data modeling, visualization, and programming in one or more leading platforms and statistical languages (e.g. Spotfire, Alteryx, SAS, SQL, ACL, Python,…).
- Able to learn new tools and technologies fast.
- Able to plan, prioritize, estimate, and deliver projects on time.
- Able to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets.
- Able to understand business needs and translate needs into data requirements.
- Able to work in teams and possesses strong communication skills.
- Able to analyze and resolve problems, issues and concerns related to assigned projects.
- Able to effectively express and communicate complex analytical and business concepts.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Required Behavioral Competencies
- High level of integrity and business ethics
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team
- Proactive, self-confident and assertive team player
- Ability to independently solve problems, take lead and apply initiative
- Pragmatic with ability to provide solutions for identified issues
- Open and accepting of the need for change
- Ability to work independently, self-sufficiency.
- Inspirational and can encourage others positively to push initiatives forward
- Professional attitude at all times
- Ability to operate with different cultures on an international level
- Can think out of the box
- Willing to assume accountability and responsibility
Note: The incumbent is expected to perform all other related activities as assigned.
Qualifications:Language: English: Reading, Speaking, Writing, Comprehension
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.