Job Requisition Number: RC219176
Sutherland House, Matlock Road
Coventry, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 37.5
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 03-February-2020
Closing Date: 03-August-2020
Job Family: FXE-EU: Information Security Analyst (ID)
The Information Security Architect has the following responsibilities:
Provide security subject matter expertise on cloud architecture control implementation for enterprise-scale projects. Provide guidance and technical assistance to Product Development team on secure coding best practices, as well as, review against OWASP top 10. Understand current as well as emerging security threats and design security architecture to mitigate threats where possible. Stay abreast of new information systems and security technologies and integrate into security architecture design when appropriate. Works with other security team members and facilitates the development and maintenance of security roadmap. Assist in the development of policies and procedures which enable best practices in security for the organization. Identify, assess and remediate security architecture gaps across the environment.
The ideal candidate for this job will have courses and/or relevant work experience in some or all of the following skills
- Experience in designing and building security architecture and engineering environments on an enterprise level
- Experience with secure architecture principals, secure SDLC, security device installations, configuration and troubleshooting (e.g., firewall, IDS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of a broad range of security technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience with IP network designs, including firewalls, network security tools (IDS, WAF, …), routers and switches
- Sound knowledge and experience of information security related technologies and practices, especially with regards to cloud technologies (Azure PaaS, IaaS) and methodologies (DevOps)
- Solid understanding of emerging technologies in IT such as a Cloud Platform, Internet of Things and Mobile BYOD as well as the associated security risks
- Ability to liaise with and influence multiple stakeholders both internally and externally
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.