Job Requisition Number: RC229794
Cargo Area South
Stansted, Essex, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 10-February-2020
Closing Date: 25-February-2020
Job Family: FXE-EU: Mgr District Fleet Maint
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a forward-thinking Fleet Manager to join our leadership team in Stansted. You will ensure that all team members are focused on providing a high quality, cost effective service to our customers. As a proven leader, you will also motivate and inspire your team through an extensive period of change and transformation whilst ensuring that service levels and performance against KPI’s are not compromised. Therefore, it is critical that you are self-motivated and impactful with a pragmatic, target driven approach.
The successful applicant will possess;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills with the ability to present to senior management
- Strong leadership skills with experience in a Fleet Management role, either vendor or in house
- The ability to co-ordinate people
- In depth knowledge of fleet management practices, technologies, working methods and regulatory requirements
- Good understanding of the macro business environment
- Experience of managing fleet related projects and implementation of new products
- Excellent planning & organising skills with experience of setting work priorities & expectations for a team
- Experience of co-ordinating a vehicle accident repair process that includes liaison with external vendors
- Good commercial awareness with experience of developing & implementing cost saving programs
- Good judgement & reasoning ability
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience of developing effective solutions that meet the customer and overall business needs
- Excellent working knowledge of industry automotive MIS systems relating to asset/regulatory compliance issues
Flexibility and a positive approach to managing and developing a team are also key requirements of this role. In return for your hard work and commitment, we'll give you all the reward and recognition you deserve. As well as a great salary and a whole host of flexible benefits FedEx offers many great opportunities for progression and development.
Qualifications:Education: Bachelor: Business Administration
Bachelor: Engineering Mechanics
Language: English: Speaking, Comprehension, Writing
Work Experience: Leadership: Management Experience
Leadership: Remote Workforce Management
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.