Job Requisition Number: RC221450
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 11-February-2020
Closing Date: 26-February-2020
Job Family: FXE-EU: Planning & Engineering Administrator (ID)
Responsible for the completion of defined processes and procedures to deadline, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with relevant internal and external standards. Identifies anomalies as they arise and uses judgement based on rules and procedures to resolve. For complex issues, may escalate to senior team members.
Planning & Engineering administrator
Purpose of the Central Support, Ops Technology & Innovation department
The Central Support, Ops Technology & Innovation department, also described as Central P&E part of the European Planning & Engineering (P&E) structure, is the custodian of operational standards and methods, applications and program management standards in support of the Field and Network P&E functions and Operations. Key areas of expertise include Process standards & methods, Best Practices, customer solutions engineering, routing and transit times management, application development and release, business innovation, change management and program facilitation/management. The majority of activities is currently focused on successful integration of TNT and FedEx with a future state to drive company standards and continues improvements.
Responsibilities of the P&E administrator FxT
The P&E Administrator FxT is a position coordinated by the Program Management within Central P&E. The main responsibility of the P&E Administrator FxT is to support the FxT Program, management and Central Integrators; a team of 46 change leaders who are working all over Europe. The main scope of this team for the coming years will be the FedEx/TNT operational integration. As a P&E Administrator FxT you will support the overall program, the management, conduct administrative tasks and align with stakeholders.
The program team you will support consists of Central Integrators and P&E specialists program management. You will report to the Manager Planning & Engineering. Further stakeholders with a working relation include external suppliers, Field and Network Planning & Engineering, Integration & Systems Innovation, Service Standards & Solutions and PMO within the Central P&E department, HR, Communications and Finance.
Support FxT Program & Central Integrator team
- Assist Management
- FxT administration, SAP, billing and budgeting
- Monthly preparation and review with accounting
- Relation management with third party suppliers
- Preparation of FxT trainings in general
- Occasionally offer support to other members within the Department
- Keep track of the budget
- Create Purchase Orders in SAP system, monitor and deal with any issues
- Coordinate and execute projects to support the FxT program
- Support and co-create program communication
- Prepare presentations for variable audiences and stakeholders
- Manage the Integrator recruitment pipeline and keep track of risks
Core competencies, experience and skills
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in FedEx and/or TNT or equivalent size companies
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Project and/or Program Management support experience
Specific competency requirements
- Planning capabilities; ability to set priorities and drive for decision making
- Helicopter view for overarching issues
- A structured and precise way of working
- Relationship building abilities; develop trust-based relations with different level of stakeholders
- Project management skills; able to plan and coordinate various processes and stakeholders simultaneously on an international level
- Awareness of different cultures and their implications on mindsets and behavior
Additional skill requirements
- Open mindset; willingness to learn and make a contribution to improve the program
- Highly self-motivated; a pro-active attitude to solve or prevent problems and to improve results with a continuous drive to best practices
- Interpersonal skills; empathic peoples person, able to build bridges in and between teams and with the operating units
- Communication skills; questioning and listening abilities, able to carefully and objectively listen to the various arguments of others and to objectively filter the underlying messages and effective meeting skills
- Structuring skills; being able to prioritize and safeguard boundaries in order to let the overall team focus on efficiency and maximized output
- Negotiation skills; contact for suppliers connected to the program and ensure that everything is deployed within the agreements
- Compliance aware; having an understanding and good feeling about acting upon the rules and procedures and being able to set boundaries when needed
Qualifications:Language: English: Writing, Speaking, Reading, Comprehension
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.