Job Requisition Number: RC211819
Stansted Airport, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 12-February-2020
Closing Date: 28-February-2020
Job Family: FXE-EU: GTS Clearance Engineer
To design, implement, co-ordinate and evaluate, through interface with FedEx Management, Operations and systems Projects designed to reduce ops expenses, enhance service and increase customer satisfaction. To co-ordinate implementation of plans and programmes with FedEx Hubs and systems to achieve maximum results.
- As part of a team responsible for the development and planning of strategic and tactical analysis in sort and clearance operations, this excellent communicator and strongly analytical individual will be supporting the analysis, development and implementation of FedEx business processes across Europe, including plans and programs with the road and air network, European sort centers and systems for achieving maximum synergy with customs clearance operations
- Position aimed at improving working methods, organization of the workstations and the reliability of the IT systems and optimizes the production costs in order to increase the efficiency and the productivity of the customs operations in conjunction with the sort operations and the development of the air and road network
- Oversee information tools in support of service and customer experience improvement opportunities, providing cost reductions, limiting financial and regulatory risks and supporting financial revenue growth
- Position is contributing to national, regional and global initiatives.
- Coordinating multifunctional teams, you will oversee the development of operating scenarios and procedures, you will be responsible for the development of "Business Cases" for necessary approval and support for the implementation of projects and initiatives.
- You will give and receive the necessary support to and from senior professionals in the local team or elsewhere
PROFILE - COMPETENCIES
- Experience between 3-5 years is preferred in the field of logistics, supply chain or customs clearance
- Master degree in engineering (engineering school, polytechnic, civil, industrial) or quantitative discipline is preferred
- good command of technical English (= working language).
- good written and verbal communication skills
- very good standard of numeracy / able to manipulate data and present them in meaningful format
- Creative thinker with the ability to recognize improvement opportunities.
- good planning, organization and problem solving skills
- good knowledge of analytical concepts and engineering tools,
- ability to translate user needs into IT solutions
- ability to develop business requirements to meet user needs
- able to work effectively with different cultures and nationalities
- experience of using relevant software and IT tools to translate operational requirements into simulation models
- experience in continuous improvement, model design and data mining is preferred
- experience in managing complex projects using project management tools is preferred
- experience in the customs field is preferred
- limited travel in Europe needed
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.