Job Requisition Number: RC216179
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 10-March-2020
Closing Date: 30-April-2020
Job Family: FXE-EU: Industrial Engineer (ID)
As part of the FedEx Central Planning & Engineering team the Maintenance and Reliability Engineer defines and coordinates the suitable maintenance strategy and approach for all automated FedEx/TNT express locations in Europe. She/he works out the corresponding activities (e.g. preventive activities, frequencies, job description, spare parts) to assure an effective service and maintenance program.
She/he analyzes the equipment availability and maintenance performance, deliver information for reports and make recommendations for continuous improvement to the equipment, work processes and/or operational usages. Assures all activities are aligned with the Ground Network Planning & Engineering policies and procedures.
- Develop and define preventive maintenance activities based on the Maintenance Strategy, location and equipment criticality (FMECA) and OEM-specifications.
- Define and deploy maintenance schedules and meetings (yearly, monthly, weekly and daily).
- Develop standard work procedures (what/how to do) for the maintenance activities.
- Define the required spare parts, based on the Maintenance Strategy, site criticality and required response times.
- Develop and deploy operator maintenance policy (for limited, low technical activities).
- Establishes and maintain business relationships with key suppliers of Service and Maintenance related services to ensure strategic alignment and resolution of tactical issues.
- Define and develop Statement of Work (SOW) contracts for FedEx/TNT express sites together with Central Procurement (and suppliers).
- Control, manage and follow up (monthly) reporting for current SOW contracts.
- Analyse and review current SOW performances and improve/adjust accordingly with sites and/or suppliers.
- Support the Service & Maintenance standardisation and optimisation, innovation and development company-wide to deliver increases in quality and service delivery and reductions in unit costs.
- Support site based teams with maintenance knowledge, performance monitoring and failure analysis (Root Cause Analysis).
- Align with the CMMS engineer to develop and deploy the Service & Maintenance work process and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Support the CMMS engineer in setting up the system (Asset Breakdown Structure, Preventive Maintenance plans, spare parts, work order types, failure categories, etc.).
- Support the Service Desk engineer with the development of a Central Service Desk organization.
Preferred experience/ knowledge
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or related field required,
- Five (5) years of relevant working experience in Maintenance Engineering in a logistic/technical environment, with knowledge of Maintenance methodologies (e.g. FMECA, RCA, Standard work processes, etc.)
- Preferred experience to include:
Maintenance Optimization (PMO) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Knowledge and experience with Computerized Maintenance Management
- Using and optimizing Performance Management systems, improving service
delivery and achieving unit-cost reductions.
- Analytical thinker with a creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Stakeholder management experience.
- Strong effective verbal and written communication skills (in native and English language) necessary to concisely communicate with all levels of the organisation (from shop-floor to top-floor).
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Software skills, including professional use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced agile environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
- Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate others.
- A driven, disciplined team player who can also work independently.
- Experience in multicultural and cross-functional environments and willing to travel within Europe.
Terms & conditions
- A challenging position at the heart of a challenging integration in an international and dynamic working environment.
- Be part of the design and development of a new central organistion.
- An independent position with impact and responsibities.
- Working in an international team with international colleagues.
- Based in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
Qualifications:Education: Bachelor: Engineering
Language: English: Writing, Speaking, Reading, Comprehension
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.