Requisition ID: 26046-271907
Position Type: Permanent Part Time
Employee Type: Hourly
Job Category: Operations
City: Saint Laurent
Postal Code: H4T 2A3
Work Schedule: Hours will be based on business needs
Approx. Shift Hours From: 08:00
Approx. Shift Hours To: 20:00
Applicant Language Requirement: English
Salary Minimum: $17.36
FedEx Express Canada has an open part time Courier position in our Ville St-Laurent location.
Our people are the foundation of our success. The differentiator in the employment relationship we value with our employees is our open, fair and respectful people practices and our positive work environment.
As a result, FedEx Express Canada has consistently been ranked in the top 50 Best (Platinum) Employers in Canada survey by Aon Hewitt and also placed amongst the 20 most respected brands in Canada.
To provide courteous and efficient pick-up and delivery of packages on an assigned route; to check all shipments for conformance to Federal Express Canada features of service; to provide related customer service functions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess a High school diploma or educational equivalent
- Must achieve minimum threshold on mandatory pre-placement driver assessment training
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. and to maneuver any package weighing up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment
- In the province of Quebec, must be bilingual (French and English)
HOURS DETAILS: Monday to Friday, anytime between 8am and 8pm
Total Rewards Package:
FedEx delivers a comprehensive total rewards program with a full spectrum of benefits to meet your diverse needs:
- Benefit plans: medical, health, dental, orthodontics, vision, etc.
- Pension plan
- Education assistance / tuition reimbursement
- Community involvement: Canadian Blood services; Disaster Readiness, Relief and Recovery
- Discounts: travel & entertainment, health &lifestyle, home & auto and electronics
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered.