Job Title: Mechanic
Job Requisition Number: RC124156
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Vehicle Mechanic
Time Type: Full Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
2190 Derry Road East
Mississauga, Ontario L5S1E2
Why FedEx Express you ask?
Here are some awesome perks, to working at FedEx:
- Tool allowance
- Prescription glasses and Safety Boots benefits etc.
- A fun and diverse team who voted FedEx a best employer and a great place to work (we aren’t just saying that, it’s actually true)
If we’re going to work together, let us first introduce ourselves – because we are proud of our team at FedEx Express Canada. You know us as a global transportation company – and we’ve shipped some pretty interesting things over the years like part of the ship’s hull of the Titanic, a windmill, race cars, a helicopter, the shark from Jaws and a lot of panda bears who get their own chartered airplane!
You may not know that across the globe, FedEx is the backbone of the e-commerce economy. In fact, we were the initial industry disruptor in 1973 and we continue to build on that innovation every day by expanding our network to move goods in Canada and around the world. Our Canadian team is also proud to be a 2017 Aon “Best Employer in Canada” recipient and we celebrate being recognized as an organization that has a dynamic culture and a dedicated, long-tenured work environment.
Sounds like a great place to work – right? So if you are interested, take a look below for a snapshot of the Senior Vehicle Technician position.
Here’s a snapshot of the role:
Provides timely, quality, cost effective maintenance for FedEx vehicle fleet and ground support equipment which requires preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, modifications and documentation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Must possess an 310T license + 3 years of experience
- Working knowledge of the use and operation of all service garage equipment and testing equipment, gauges and tools normally associated with troubleshooting and repair of gasoline, diesel, and propane equipment.
- Possession of a complete set of hand tools including metric sizes.
- Must have the ability to lift 70 lbs and maneuver any package weighing up to 150 lbs with appropriate equipment
- ADDRESS: 2190 Derry Road, Mississauga, ON
- HOURLY RATE: min.$25.90 to a max.$31.00/per hour
- HOURS DETAILS: Start time 12:00PM, 4X10 shiftWe don’t expect you to deliver any helicopters or pandas – but if you can deliver on this exciting job opportunity, please attach your updated resume when applying. We thank all applicants and we will contact you directly – by email, not by FedEx – if selected for an interview.
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered