Job Title: Business Intelligence Developer
Job Requisition Number: RC164358
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Application Development - CP
Time Type: Full Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
5985 Explorer Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L4W5K6
We are looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Professional Developer who will be responsible for data gathering, data analysis, data modeling, report design and authoring and technical documentation while being part of a cross functional development Team. In this role you will:
- Work closely with users and developer team’s operational requirements
- Interacts with development, infrastructure and end-user personnel, oversees requirements gathering sessions with internal and external customers and translate into technical specifications
- Perform Proof of concept, data correlation, analysis, profiling, cleansing, staging, integration, data virtualization and modeling (star Schema, snow flake, facts and dimensions creation and maintenance techniques).
- ETL tasks design and implementation, SQL query writing and database performance improvement activities.
- Design and develop multiple Reports and Dashboards
- Load and extract data from multiple data source tables for user requests and projects.
- Deploy and verify business rules into SQL code for data analysis, transformation, and cleansing
- Support the analysis and design of data stores required by various management platforms that collect network related telemetry data relevant to the ongoing operational team need
Here’s what you need for this role:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Math, Computer Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Demonstrated 5+ years of Database, ETL, SQL, data analysis and dashboard development
- Experience in designing and developing Tableau and/or Spotfire reports/dashboards with multiple KPIs
- Experience in using of the data integration/virtualization tool such as Informatica/ Ab Initio/Cisco Information server.
- Experience working with multiple database engines, especially Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, Sybase, DB2 and supporting application and development environment
- Strong knowledge of Business intelligence life cycle and processes.
- Demonstrated familiarity with a wide variety of computer applications and operating systems in a mixed Solaris, Linux and Microsoft Network Operating System Infrastructure:
- Must possess exceptional communication and written skills and with experience working with senior management and executives.
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide array of database problems in a multi-platform and distributed environment
- Familiarity with Spotfire and/or Tableau
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast paced environment with short timelines
- Ability to perform and participate in a team oriented environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of end users
- Knowledge on big data platforms like Hadoop
- Knowledge on scripting languages such as Python, R and UNIX.
Some awesome perks to working at FedEx are:
- A competitive salary and incentives
- A progressive benefits programs, including health and dental coverage and pension plan
- A Career Investment Fund with up to $5k a year for programs or tuition reimbursement
- Strong Community Service programs including diverse volunteer, charity, and fundraising initiatives to give back to both local and global communities
- Discounted FedEx services, flights, hotels, entertainment and car rentals
- A fun and diverse team who voted FedEx a best employer and a great place to work
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered