Job Title: Full Time Senior Broker
Job Requisition Number: RC175802
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Global Trade Services
Time Type: Full Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
3803 56 avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 3R7
FedEx Express Canada has an open Full Time Senior Broker position.
Our people are the foundation of our success. The differentiator in the employment relationship we value with our employees is our open, fair and respectful people practices and our positive work environment.
As a result, FedEx Express Canada has consistently been ranked in the top 50 Best (Platinum) Employers in Canada survey by Aon Hewitt and also placed amongst the 20 most respected brands in Canada.
To provide extensive customs brokerage services in accordance with Canada Customs and other government departments regulations and legislation pertaining to over sixty acts of legislation relating to International Trade; including but not limited to high and low value (HVS/ LVS) entry processing and customer consulting
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Community College Diploma/ Equivalent
• Canadian Customs Specialist (CCS) or (CSCB) qualified professional designation.
Related Experience Requirements
• 2 years current customs brokerage experience with rating/clearance done in full compliance with CBSA regulations.
Other specific mandatory experience requirements
• Incumbents must maintain their CCS designation when in this position and achieve annual recurrency points.
Solid knowledge of the following:
• Excellent Mathematical Skills
• Knowledge of International Customs documentation and regulations
• In depth knowledge of customs, agriculture, food and drug, tariff and valuation laws and other government department laws and policies
• Demonstrated knowledge of different agency clearance requirements and release processes required.
Computer literacy and proficiency:
• Excel – Basic
• 25 WPM on data entry alpha numeric testing
22.72 - 28.54 based upon experience
TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE
FedEx delivers a comprehensive total rewards program with a full spectrum of benefits to meet your diverse needs:
• Benefit plans: medical, health, dental, orthodontics, vision, etc.
• Pension plan
• Education assistance / tuition reimbursement
• Community involvement: Canadian Blood services; Disaster Readiness, Relief and Recovery
• Discounts: travel & entertainment, health &lifestyle, home & auto and electronics
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered