Job Title: Experienced Float Courier/Driver
Job Requisition Number: RC224957
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Ops Courier
Time Type: Full Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
50 Barnes Road
Cambridge, Ontario N3H 4R7
GENERAL SUMMARY To operate company vehicles and provide efficient delivery and pickup of packages while performing in a floating capacity for a minimum of 15 routes. To work as a courier but not on an assigned regular route. To model the way for hourly employees by becoming a mentor and demonstrating role model behaviour including strong communication, conflict resolution and leadership ability (through Best Practices methods)
FedEx Express Canada has open Full Time Experienced Float Driver/Courier positions at our Cambridge location.
Our people are the foundation of our success. The differentiator in the employment relationship we value with our employees is our open, fair and respectful people practices and our positive work environment.
As a result, FedEx Express Canada has consistently been ranked in the top 50 Best (Platinum) Employers in Canada survey by Aon Hewitt and also placed amongst the 20 most respected brands in Canada.
To operate company vehicles and provide efficient delivery and pickup of packages while performing in a floating capacity for a minimum of 15 routes. To work as a courier but not on an assigned regular route.
To model the way for hourly employees by becoming a mentor and demonstrating role model behaviour including strong communication, conflict resolution and leadership ability.
Promotes continued sales and generates potential incremental revenue wherever possible
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum ONE year courier experience (Uber/skip the dishes does not count)
- Must possess a High school diploma or educational equivalent
- Must achieve minimum threshold on mandatory pre-placement driver assessment training
- Must possess a valid G driver’s license and have a good driving record
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. and to maneuver any package weighing up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment
- Excellent human relations, customer relations and communication skills.
- Good analytical, problem solving, prioritization and organization skills
- 50 Barnes Rd, Cambridge, ON, N3H 4R7
Full time hours - guaranteed 35 hours a week
Floating day shifts - start times vary from 5:00 am to 11:00 am and possible Saturday vacation coverage
WAGE: $20.13 per hour
- Total Rewards Package - FedEx delivers a comprehensive total rewards program with a full spectrum of benefits to meet your diverse needs:
- Benefit plans: medical, health, dental, orthodontics, vision, etc.
- Pension plan
- Education assistance / tuition reimbursement
- Community involvement: Canadian Blood services; Disaster Readiness, Relief and Recovery
- Discounts: travel & entertainment, health & lifestyle, home & auto and electronics
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered