Job Title: Ramp Agent - Airport
Job Requisition Number: RC237361
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Ops Ramp
Time Type: Part Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
1785 Champlain Street
Dieppe, New Brunswick E1A7P5
This is an interview position. GENERAL SUMMARY Coordinates all operations relating to aircraft loading/unloading activities; provides leadership to cargo handlers and operational and personnel support. May perform job duties and responsibilities required of a courier, cargo handler and/or dispatcher. To model the way for hourly employees by becoming a mentor and demonstrating role model behaviour including strong communication, conflict resolution and leadership ability (through Best Practices methods)
FedEx Express Canada has an open Part-Time Ramp Agent position in our Dieppe location.
Our people are the foundation of our success. The differentiator in the employment relationship we value with our employees is our open, fair and respectful people practices and our positive work environment.
As a result, FedEx Express Canada has consistently been ranked in the top 50 Best (Platinum) Employers in Canada survey by Aon Hewitt and also placed amongst the 20 most respected brands in Canada.
Coordinates all operations relating to aircraft loading/unloading activities; provides leadership to cargo handlers and operational and personnel support. May perform job duties and responsibilities required of a courier, cargo handler and/or dispatcher. To model the way for hourly employees by becoming a mentor and demonstrating role model behaviour including strong communication, conflict resolution and leadership ability (through Best Practices methods).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma/educational equivalent.
- Six (6) months experience/training in jet aircraft ground support equipment/aircraft operations
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic level MS Word and Excel
- Ability to prepare and process Canadian customs paperwork
- Ability to successfully complete all required basic training and maintain accreditation through yearly recurrency training, i.e. GSE administrator and operator permit, DG Specialist certified, W&B certification, etc.
- Good understanding of FedEx products, features of service, general operations. Loading/unloading procedures preferred
- Must have the ability to lift 70 lbs and maneuver any package weighing up to 150 lbs with appropriate equipment
- Must possess a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Excellent human relations, customer relations, and communication skills
- Good analytical, problem solving, prioritization and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass R.C.M.P. assessment.
ADDRESS: 1785 Champlain Street, Dieppe, NB
HOURS DETAILS: 3:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Total Rewards Package:
FedEx delivers a comprehensive total rewards program with a full spectrum of benefits to meet your diverse needs:
- Benefit plans: medical, health, dental, orthodontics, vision, etc.
- Pension plan
- Education assistance / tuition reimbursement
- Community involvement: Canadian Blood services; Disaster Readiness, Relief and Recovery
- Discounts: travel & entertainment, health &lifestyle, home & auto and electronics
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered