Job Title: Senior Vehicle Technician
Job Requisition Number: RC239956
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Vehicle Mechanic
Time Type: Full Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
6895 Bramalea Road
Mississauga, Ontario L5S1Z7
FedEx Express Canada has two (2) open full time Mechanic positions in our Mississauga locations.
Our people are the foundation of our success. The differentiator in the employment relationship we value with our employees is our open, fair and respectful people practices and our positive work environment. As a result, FedEx Express Canada has consistently been ranked in the top 50 Best (Platinum) Employers in Canada survey by Aon Hewitt.
Provides timely, quality, cost effective maintenance for FedEx Express vehicle fleet and ground support equipment which requires preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, modifications and documentation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
- Have 7 years fleet, automotive, or truck vehicle maintenance experience.
- Must possess an automotive and/or heavy duty provincial red seal technician certification.
- Working knowledge of the use and operation of all service garage equipment and testing equipment, gauges and tools normally associated with troubleshooting and repair of gasoline, diesel, and propane equipment.
- Basic electronic troubleshooting skills
- Possession of a complete set of hand tools including metric sizes.
- Must have the ability to lift 70 lbs and maneuver any package weighing up to 150 lbs with appropriate equipment
TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
ADDRESS: 1450 Caterpillar Rd Mississauga, On
HOURS DETAILS: Mon to Fri – 4 X 10-hour shift or 5 X 8-hour Shift (To Be Determined). Start time: Noon
ADDRESS: 6895 Bramalea Rd Mississauga, ON *This location, GSE Experience preferred.
HOURS DETAILS: Mon to Fri – 4x10 hours [1 set day off during the work week]. Start time: 11:00PM
Total Rewards Package:
FedEx delivers a comprehensive total rewards program with a full spectrum of benefits to meet your diverse needs:
- Benefit plans: medical, health, dental, orthodontics, vision, etc.
- Pension plan
- Tool Allowance
- Footwear Allotment
- Prescription Safety Glasses for Work
- Discounts: travel & entertainment, health &lifestyle, home & auto and electronics
- Education assistance / tuition reimbursement
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered