Job Title: Delivery Driver
Job Requisition Number: RC257212
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Ops Courier
Time Type: Part Time
Worker Sub-Type: Casual/Casual Retiree
3803 56 avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 3R7
This is an interview position. GENERAL SUMMARY To ensure timely delivery of packages to predetermined customers on specific routes, reviewing orders prior to delivery, load/unload vehicle and provide exceptional customer service to our client base. Flexible shift opportunities (min and max hours, days of work parameters will be determined based on business requirements).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma/educational equivalent.
- Have a valid driver’s license or provincial graduated license.
Related Experience Requirements
Minimum number of years required for entry to this job
- One (1) year customer oriented business experience preferred
Amount of time required to learn or adjust to the job
- 3 months
Other specific mandatory experience requirements
- In the province of Quebec, must be bilingual (French and English)
Technical Skill Requirements
Solid knowledge of the following:
- Must achieve minimum threshold on mandatory pre-placement driver assessment training
- Ability to successfully complete all basic and re-currency training
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Some knowledge of Federal Express Canada operations an asset.
Interpersonal Skill Requirements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask, handle stress and work in a highly pressured environment
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered