Requisition ID: POSTING-3-74297
Job Title: Mechanic
Job Requisition Number: RC91273
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Vehicle Mechanic
Time Type: Full Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
6895 Bramalea Road
Mississauga, Ontario L5S1Z7
FedEx Express Canada has an open Mechanic position, in our Mississauga location.
Our people are the foundation of our success. The differentiator in the employment relationship we value with our employees is our open, fair and respectful people practices and our positive work environment.
As a result, FedEx Express Canada has consistently been ranked in the top 50 Best (Platinum) Employers in Canada survey by Aon Hewitt
Position Summary Provides timely, quality, cost effective maintenance for FedEx Express vehicle fleet and ground support equipment which requires preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, modifications and documentation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Canadian High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
- Five (5) years fleet, automotive, or truck vehicle maintenance experience.
- Must possess an 310S license or 310T license
- Must possess an automotive and or heavy duty provincial red seal Technician certification.
- Working knowledge of the use and operation of all service garage equipment and testing equipment, gauges and tools normally associated with troubleshooting and repair of gasoline, diesel, and propane equipment.
- Possession of a complete set of hand tools including metric sizes.
- Must have the ability to lift 70 lbs and maneuver any package weighing up to 150 lbs with appropriate equipment
ADDRESS: 6895 Bramalea Road, Mississauga, ON
HOURS DETAILS: Start time 2:00PM, in a 5X8 or 4X10 shift
WAGE: $28.50 / hour
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered