Requisition ID: POSTING-3-94440
Job Title: Sr Driver
Job Requisition Number: RC112011
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Ops Courier
Time Type: Full Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
2520 Airport Road
Regina, Saskatchewan S4W1A3
This is an interview position. GENERAL SUMMARY To operate company vehicles and provide efficient delivery and pickup of packages while performing in a floating capacity for a minimum of 15 routes. To work as a courier but not on an assigned regular route. To model the way for hourly employees by becoming a mentor and demonstrating role model behaviour including strong communication, conflict resolution and leadership ability (through Best Practices methods) Promotes continued sales and generates potential incremental revenue wherever possible
FedEx Express Canada has an open full time Sr Courier position in our Regina location.
Our people are the foundation of our success. The differentiator in the employment relationship we value with our employees is our open, fair and respectful people practices and our positive work environment.
As a result, FedEx Express Canada has consistently been ranked in the top 50 Best (Platinum) Employers in Canada survey by Aon Hewitt and also placed amongst the 20 most respected brands in Canada.
To provide courteous and efficient pick-up and delivery of packages on an assigned route; to check all shipments for conformance to Federal Express Canada features of service; to provide related customer service functions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess a High school diploma or educational equivalent
- Must achieve minimum threshold on mandatory pre-placement driver assessment training
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. and to maneuver any package weighing up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment
- In the province of Quebec, must be bilingual (French and English)
ADDRESS: 250 Airport Road, Regina S4W 1A3
Total Rewards Package:
FedEx delivers a comprehensive total rewards program with a full spectrum of benefits to meet your diverse needs:
- Benefit plans: medical, health, dental, orthodontics, vision, etc.
- Pension plan
- Education assistance / tuition reimbursement
- Community involvement: Canadian Blood services; Disaster Readiness, Relief and Recovery
- Discounts: travel & entertainment, health &lifestyle, home & auto and electronics
- Incumbent(s) of this position do not have regularly assigned routes. They provide coverage for open routes in the absence of the normally assigned courier.
- The requirement of DG specialist is dependent upon station size and location. Senior Management (MD level) has the right to override these requirements as it sees fit.
- In locations without the Courier Team Lead role, incumbent(s) of this position will perform management assist duties as required.
Technical Skill Requirements
Solid knowledge of the following:
- Must possess a valid drivers licence and have a good driving record.
- Ability to successfully complete all basic and recurrency training (including completing and maintaining DG certification). Must maintain accreditation through yearly recurrency training prior to expiration.
- Ability to gain and maintain FedEx DG Specialist certification
- Good understanding of FedEx products, features of service, general operations.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs and to maneuver any package weighing up to 150 lbs with appropriate equipment.
- Some knowledge of Federal Express operations and Canadian Customs regulations an asset.
- In the Province of Quebec, must be bilingual (French and English).
Interpersonal Skill Requirements
- Excellent human relations, customer relations and communication skills.
- Good analytical, problem solving, prioritization and organization skills
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered