Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: RC33062-2
Job Title: Customs Broker
Job Requisition Number: RC33062
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Global Trade Services
Time Type: Full Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
6011 Westminster Highway
Richmond, British Columbia V7C4V4
FedEx Express Canada has an open Full Time Customs Broker position in our Richmond, BC location.
Our people are the foundation of our success. The differentiator in the employment relationship we value with our employees is our open, fair and respectful people practices and our positive work environment.
As a result, FedEx Express Canada has consistently been ranked in the top 50 Best (Platinum) Employers in Canada survey by Aon Hewitt and also placed amongst the 20 most respected brands in Canada.
Performs technical duties relevant to the processing and release of shipments in accordance with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and other government departments (OGD) regulations and legislations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College diploma or equivalent
- Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) designation with CSCB
- Customs Brokerage– 1 year experience
- Strong communication and customer contact experience an asset
- Must have the ability to lift 70 lbs and to maneuver any package weighing up to 150 lbs with appropriate equipment
- Must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training
- Must be able to operate in a PC windows environment
ADDRESS: 6011 WEstminster HIghway, Richmond, BC
HOURS DETAILS: Day and night shift available
Total Rewards Package:
FedEx delivers a comprehensive total rewards program with a full spectrum of benefits to meet your diverse needs:
- Benefit plans: medical, health, dental, orthodontics, vision, etc.
- Pension plan
- Education assistance / tuition reimbursement
- Community involvement: Canadian Blood services; Disaster Readiness, Relief and Recovery
- Discounts: travel & entertainment, health &lifestyle, home & auto and electronics
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered