Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: RC37737
Job Title: Truck Driver
Job Requisition Number: RC37737
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Ops CTV
Time Type: Full Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
Work Shift: MF_5x8_Afternoon
6895 Bramalea Road
Mississauga, Ontario L5S1Z7
La sélection à ce poste requiert une entrevue. SOMMAIRE GÉNÉRAL En plus des fonctions de conducteur de véhicule à conteneurs, aider le directeur dans ses tâches administratives, au besoin. Diriger les autres conducteurs de véhicules à conteneurs tout en étant soi-même un conducteur. Promouvoir l’esprit d’équipe. Donner l’exemple aux employés horaires en devenant un mentor et en faisant figure de modèle de comportement notamment dans la communication, la résolution de conflit et le leadership (en appliquant les meilleures pratiques).
FedEx Express Canada has an open Full Time Truck Driver position in our Mississauga location.
Our people are the foundation of our success. The differentiator in the employment relationship we value with our employees is our open, fair and respectful people practices and our positive work environment.
As a result, FedEx Express Canada has consistently been ranked in the top 50 Best (Platinum) Employers in Canada survey by Aon Hewitt and also placed amongst the 20 most respected brands in Canada.
In addition to the duties of the Truck driver, assists manager with administration as required. Leads other Truck drivers while participating as a working member in the Truck driver group.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma/educational equivalent
- One (1) year of truck driving experience required. Valid class AZ (class 1) drivers license with good driving record.
- Must remain current in air brake endorsement, written test, road test, regular physical, as required by ministry of transport.
- Good understanding of FedEx products, features of service, general operations.
- Understanding of Canadian customs regulations.
- Excellent human relations, customer relations, and communication skills.
- Good analytical, problem solving, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs and to maneuver any package weighing up to 150 lbs.
- Knowledge of local geography preferred.
- 6985 Bramalea Road, Mississauga
- Shift is rotating 4x10 driver will cover vacation and sick calls.
- 6:00PM to 4:30AM
- Schedule will be determined 1 week in advance.
Total Rewards Package:
FedEx delivers a comprehensive total rewards program with a full spectrum of benefits to meet your diverse needs:
- Benefit plans: medical, health, dental, orthodontics, vision, etc.
- Pension plan
- Education assistance / tuition reimbursement
- Community involvement: Canadian Blood services; Disaster Readiness, Relief and Recovery
- Discounts: travel & entertainment, health &lifestyle, home & auto and electronics
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered