Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: RC42036
Job Title: Marketing Analyst
Job Requisition Number: RC42036
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Marketing Specialist - CP
Time Type: Full Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
5985 Explorer Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L4W5K6
If we’re going to work together, let us first introduce ourselves – because we are proud of our team at FedEx Express Canada. You know us as a global transportation company – and we’ve shipped some pretty interesting things over the years like part of the ship’s hull of the Titanic, a windmill, race cars, a helicopter, the shark from Jaws and a lot of panda bears who get their own chartered airplane!
You may not know that across the globe, FedEx is the backbone of the e-commerce economy. In fact, we were the initial industry disruptor in 1973 and we continue to build on that innovation every day by expanding our network to move goods in Canada and around the world. Our Canadian team is also proud to be a 2017 Aon “Best Employer in Canada” recipient and we celebrate being recognized as an organization that has a dynamic culture and a dedicated, long-tenured work environment.
Sounds like a great place to work – right? So let’s get started telling you why you might be the perfect fit for our team.
So, what’s the Opportunity you ask?
Why, it’s a Marketing Analyst who is part of our (very fun) marketing team based out of our head office in Mississauga, Ontario. In this role you will deliver strategic market analysis and insights to support business and product/marketing strategy and planning. Your role will be responsible for providing in-depth market analysis and the ongoing assessment of market trends, research and customer trends. The goal is to proactively identify trends and factors that will impact actions across product, marketing and sales. And if that’s not enough you also must champion a market driven outlook and have a keen understanding of how to analyze and draw conclusions around market trends which include competition, customers, product projections and opportunities. You will have to provide in-depth product analysis and ongoing assessment of market/customer trends to support the product strategy and planning. You will also work collaboratively with the Product Management, Pricing and Finance teams. If you know what all that means – you’re hired!
- Strong analytic skills with demonstrated examples of market assessment, market modeling and data mining
- Strong understanding and experience with market research, market size analysis, data mining, etc
- Flexibility to be opportunistic in pursuing new opportunities as well as strategic in the way it is done. Ability to rapidly learn new markets and technologies
- Ability to interpret analytical findings and recommend an approach and solution(s) that are relative to the strategic objectives of the project, company, and stakeholder needs
- Advanced analytics techniques on large data sets for the purpose of delivering ad hoc analyses and insights
- Advanced technical skills in areas of data manipulation, predictive modeling and statistical tools – SQL, SAS, regression, Python (not the snake), R and others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- You have over two years of work experience in a strategic/analytic marketing role within a corporate environment
- You have over two years of experience using quantitative methods to solve complex, meaningful analytical problems and to identify strategic customer/business insights
- You have extensive experience leveraging data and advanced predictive analytical techniques (data mining, advanced modeling, statistics, etc.) to support marketing efforts in lead generation, customer nurturing and attrition reduction
- You have over tow years of advanced experience developing, implementing and/or using integrated CRM (preferably Salesforce) platforms and Marketing Automation solutions
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree, and a Master’s Degree is preferred, in Business, Marketing, Applied Analytics, Statistics or some other quantitative discipline (like underwater basket weaving)
- You have a keen ability to work collaboratively within a team, with experience in project ownership/leadership
- You are goal-oriented with a thoughtful, strategic and analytical approach to your work
Some awesome perks to working at FedEx:
- A competitive salary and incentives.
- A progressive benefits programs, including health and dental coverage and pension plan
- A Career Investment Fund with up to $5k a year for programs or tuition reimbursement
- Strong Community Service programs including diverse volunteer, charity, and fundraising initiatives to give back to both local and global communities
- Discounted FedEx services, flights, hotels, entertainment and car rentals
- A fun and diverse team who voted FedEx a best employer and a great place to work (we aren’t just saying that, it’s actually true)
We don’t expect you to deliver any helicopters or pandas – but if you can deliver on this exciting job opportunity, please attach your updated resume when applying. We thank all applicants and we will contact you directly – by email, not by FedEx – if selected for an interview.
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered