Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: RC54984
Job Title: Disability Specialist
Job Requisition Number: RC54984
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Health & Safety Specialist - CP
Time Type: Full Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
6300 Cote de Liesse
Saint-Laurent, Quebec H4T 1E3
If we’re going to work together, let us first introduce ourselves – because we are proud of our team at FedEx Express Canada. You know us as a global transportation company – and we’ve shipped some pretty interesting things over the years like part of the ship’s hull of the Titanic, a windmill, race cars, a helicopter, the shark from Jaws and a lot of panda bears who get their own chartered airplane!
You may not know that across the globe, FedEx is the backbone of the e-commerce economy. In fact, we were the initial industry disruptor in 1973 and we continue to build on that innovation every day by expanding our network to move goods in Canada and around the world. Our Canadian team is also proud to be a 2017 Aon “Best Employer in Canada” recipient and we celebrate being recognized as an organization that has a dynamic culture and a dedicated, long-tenured work environment.
Sounds like a great place to work – right? So, let’s get started telling you why you might be the perfect fit for our Health, Safety and Environment team in our Human Resources department.
Here’s a snapshot of the role:
The Disability Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the correct processes are followed for occupational and non-occupational claims. In addition, you will collaborate with Management, Total Rewards and Employee Relations to determine return to work plans. We will also regularly assess your ability to bring the team coffee and baked goods. Part of that is providing leadership and guidance (and your baked goods) to junior staff as well as education to managers and employees.
What else? You…
- Assist employees with claims/issues; explain short-term and long-term benefit processes to employees and management
- Advise, coach and influence management in partnership with regional HR team members regarding all issues related to disability claims, proactive absence management strategies and active return to work programs
- Work alongside business leaders to make decisions based on business objectives and individual needs
- Work with management to identify and develop successful return to work plans, minimizing lost time and ensuring program effectiveness
- Provide counsel to management regarding case management
- Ensure awareness and compliance with relevant company, legislative and reporting requirements
- Maintain reports related to modified duties, accommodations and claim trends
- Ensure files are organized and contain all of the necessary information; ensure claim confidentiality is maintained
- Be able to discuss all seasons of Game of Thrones or House of Cards – bonus points for both
Tired yet? Good because you also will:
- Refer claims to outside vendors for medical evaluation, functional capability evaluation, etc.
- Develop and conduct training presentations on claims and disability management
- Identify enhancements to streamline procedures and clarification of leave-related communications
Whew, that’s a lot – so what do you hope you have to do all of this? How about…
- A Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent (Safety, Disability Management and Human Resources are preferred)
- CRTWC/ CDMP/CNESST preferred
- 5 - 7 years experience with disability claims management preferred
- Understanding of WCB legislation across Canada
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Judgement, troubleshooting, problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, and individually
- Ability to handle work-related stress
- Ability to meet deadlines, and handle multiple priorities
- Must be billingual (French and English)
Some awesome perks to working at FedEx:
- A competitive salary and incentives.
- Strong Community Service programs including diverse volunteer, charity, and fundraising initiatives to give back to both local and global communities
- A fun and diverse team who voted FedEx a best employer and a great place to work (we aren’t just saying that, it’s actually true)
We don’t expect you to deliver any helicopters or pandas – but if you can deliver on this exciting job opportunity, please attach your updated resume when applying. We thank all applicants and we will contact you directly – by email, not by FedEx – if selected for an interview.
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered