Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: RC56443
Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Requisition Number: RC56443
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Operations - M
Time Type: Full Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
Work Shift: MF_5x8_Day
2520 Airport Road
Regina, Saskatchewan S4W1A3
OPERATIONS MANAGER – REGINA, SK
If we’re going to work together, let us first introduce ourselves – because we are proud of our team at FedEx Express Canada. You know us as a global transportation company – and we’ve shipped some pretty interesting things over the years like part of the ship’s hull of the Titanic, a windmill, race cars, a helicopter, the shark from Jaws and a lot of panda bears who get their own chartered airplane!
You may not know that across the globe, FedEx is the backbone of the e-commerce economy. In fact, we were the initial industry disruptor in 1973 and we continue to build on that innovation every day by expanding our network to move goods in Canada and around the world. Our Canadian team is also proud to be a 2018 Aon “Best Employer in Canada” recipient and we celebrate being recognized as an organization that has a dynamic culture and a dedicated, long-tenured work environment.
Sounds like a great place to work – right? So let’s get started telling you why you might be the perfect fit for our team.
What does an Operations Manager at FedEx do you ask? You…:
- To supervise, coordinate and control Pick-Up and Delivery Operations within the service area of the station to achieve maximum service objectives.
- To supervise, coordinate and control warehouse and ramp operations to achieve maximum service objectives.
- Selects, trains, develops and motives hourly employees
- Supervises and coordinates all Ground Operations relating to the operational interface between aircraft and the station.
And if that’s not great enough, you also get to:
- Monitors job performance of employees through courier check rides or other on-job audits.
- Assists in the administration of an annual operating budget.
- Lead the planning and optimization of operational resources and assets.
- Ensures compliance regarding corporate Personnel Policies and Procedures. Also supports corporate goals and objectives, including the People First
- Philosophy, Employment Equity and Quality Process Prepare, analyze and monitor annual and long range plans for stations, line haul system, and ramps – airplane not skateboard.
- Bachelor's degree/equivalent
- Minimum four (4) years people management experience
- Experience in transportation and logistics preferred
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, interpersonal, communication skills, planning and organization skills
- Communicates with others in a clear, concise and timely manner. Listens and responds with empathy.
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Must possess a valid Class 5 license and have a good driving record
Some awesome perks to working at FedEx:
- A competitive salary and incentives.
- A progressive benefits programs, including health and dental coverage and pension plan.
- A Career Investment Fund with up to $5k a year for programs or tuition reimbursement.
- A strong Community Service programs including diverse volunteer, charity, and fundraising initiatives to give back to both local and global communities.
- Discounted FedEx services, flights, hotels, entertainment and car rentals.
- A fun and diverse team who voted FedEx a best employer and a great place to work.
We don’t expect you to deliver any helicopters or pandas – but if you can deliver on this exciting job opportunity, please attach your updated resume when applying. We thank all applicants and we will contact you directly – by email, not by FedEx – if selected for an interview.
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered