Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Transportation Specialist I-II
Requisition ID: 25736-294729
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
• Under the direction of the Manager, the Transportation Specialist I identifies profitable delivery, pickup and return opportunities, measures carrier and hub Pick-up and Delivery performance, maintains contracts and negotiates rates. The Transportation Specialist I provides support and guides logistics employees in the field, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Monitors reporting to evaluate and better manage transportation costs within hubs and regions. Assigns multiple hubs to oversee transportation reporting and support.
• Communicates, supports, and trains logistics employees in the field
• Acts as a liaison between the contracted carrier and the hub
• Communicates and interacts with current carriers to ensure the highest level of service is provided to FedEx SmartPost
• Identifies new opportunities for cost savings including renegotiating rates
• Secures carriers for pick-ups, deliveries and returns; monitors the contractual agreement with each carrier
• Participates in Peak planning and implementation involving the hubs and carriers
• Collaborates with carriers and hubs on tactical and strategic plans
• Establishes and maintains carrier relations
• Performs other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or related field required; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school degree or GED and four (4) years experience in logistics or related area is accepted in lieu of degree.
• Three (3) years experience required in logistics or related area
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
• Highly organized and able to multi-task
• Negotiation skills preferred
Other Job Description Information
This position can be located at either the Brookfield, WI or Pittsburgh, PA office% of Travel for the Position: 25-50%
Address: 17950 W Corporate Drive
Zip Code: 53045
Search Engine Description: Supply Chain & Logistics
Domicile Location: PSPH
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce