Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Industrial Engineer & Process Engineer I - V
Requisition ID: 25736-297020
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Uses fundamental engineering concepts, practices, and procedures to analyze operational data/methods, identify performance improvement opportunities, and/or implement technology systems that meet business objectives. Detailed summary in the areas of: INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER & PROCESS: Provides analysis, reporting tools, and engineering support for FedEx Ground field operations to effectively control and/or justify operational costs.
• Analyzes performance data within engineering. Utilizes engineering tools and software to analyze data and answers basic engineering questions. • Researches, analyzes, and effectively consolidates technical or engineering related information and presents for management review. • Prepares, with management guidance, accurate expenditure proposals and/or cost justification analysis. • Formulates and presents document research, progress, and results to team members and internal customers. • Applies project management fundamentals and concepts with management guidance. Develops progress reports, meeting minutes, and field communication memos for management review. • Participates in Control Self Monitoring (CSM) and/or Business Control Self-Assessment (BCSA) process within area of responsibility.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical or quantitative degree (e.g. mathematics) required; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years experience in applicable technical area is accepted in lieu of degree. Preferred disciplines may be needed in the areas of: INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER & PROCESS: • Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or related field preferred.
• None required.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management. • Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals. • Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals. • Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
Other Job Description Information
This is an Engineer position in the Customer Information Engineering (CIE) group. The CIE group is responsible for the engineering of FedEx Ground field business processes and package information systems to ensure accurate and reliable capture of package information to enable automated package sortation and revenue collection. CIE serves as the business owner of key I.T. package information systems:
•Dimensional weight (DIM) capture
•Scan, Weigh & Key (SWAK)
•Extra Service Audit (ESA) packaging
•Electronic Package Data Interchange (ePDI)
In addition, the CIE group is responsible for the management of the DIM, Weight, and ESA Oversight team. This is a cross functional team of directors and managers from ten different businesses and IT groups providing oversight responsibility for these processes.
The nature of our work relies on team members having strong analytical skills, effective collaboration skills, especially being able to work well with others in cross-departmental settings, and excellent communication skills to articulate findings through all levels of the organization.
Team members work regularly with a wide variety of areas including: Automated Data Collection Systems (ADCS), various IT groups, Outbound Engineering, Hub Engineering, Finance, Accounting, and Legal.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Experience with analytical tools such as SAS
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Search Engine Description: Engineering
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce